Brit mode

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giantstepjoe

Reaction score
I see alot of people dissing the brit mode on the roadster. I think its got a great low gain crunch that is a welcomed addition to the amps overall tone pallete. I run ch1 at 100w with silicon diode in clean or fat depending on the needs of the specific tune . I run ch2 at 50w with tube rec and keep it in brit with the master at 11:30 with the gain dimed( the only channel on which i do this). I run channel 3 at 50 watts with silicon diode in vintage mode for punch and cut. I run channel 4 at 50 watts with tube rec in vintage mode for a liquid sound. To me the brit mode has a much needed in between sound to compliment the cleans and the ridiculous amounts of gain available in channel 3 and 4. Any other brit lovers out there?

Straight up...

Before I had Mesa stuff I used an old AC30 for everything...
Brit mode is a fairly decent alternative for getting similar tones.

take a strat, plug into 50w/tube rec/brit mode at a slightly cruchy gain with delay and play some U2 (if your into that sort of thing)... pretty sweet.

Brit mode is great for lending the vintage british vibe to your sound. It is reminiscent of old marshalls,vox,and hiwatts without being an attempted clone of any one. I think this allows the user more freedom to explore and develop a distinctive and personal tone that is an homage rather than a recreation.

love using brit..... even more now with the kt77s in the amp..... those tubes definitely enhanced the brit mode because its more aligned with the el34 tone..... 50 watt setting with gain around 3 and a the mids at about 12 with a little presence and its rhythm heaven

I was running EL34's in brit mode the other day pushing the front end with my BB preamp and switched to the neck pickup on my custom 22 and I swear "takin care of business" jumped right off the album into my RK! :D

Back