Bought another IIC+, gut pictures inside

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adonixx

Reaction score
Its DRG, late serial.

Boogiebabies (and others), any opinions on this one?

2dqsu2r.jpg

smdba0.jpg

hey, nice grab! looks clean... may need new caps, from the 83 and84 date codes, they look to be original. If it was mine, I would send it to mike b to get serviced, but that's me, and I don't know how to work on amps. I know I had bad luck with both of my internet IIC buys. Both were supposed to be in great working order, but both needed $175 each in parts in labor. I feel it was worth it, since I got them cheap, and now, after mike b upgrade them, they are basically new IIC+'s. I just got my 60 watter chassis back yesterday, and I'm still grinning... have fun with it!

scott

Boogiebabies said:
Looks bone stock to me. Maybe just a few screen grid resistors replaced.
Thanks for checking it out, i really appreciate it. It sounds awesome, but i might send it to MB for checkup, or someone here in NYC area..

Boogiebabies said:

On a side note, can i run EH 6CA7 in the outer sockets without that pin1 to 8 thing (I think you mentioned it somewhere, as a good mod for newer EL34, 6CA7s)?

Thanks again :D

adonixx said:
Boogiebabies said:

On a side note, can i run EH 6CA7 in the outer sockets without that pin1 to 8 thing (I think you mentioned it somewhere, as a good mod for newer EL34, 6CA7s)?

I would not run anything but STR-416/Sylvania 6CA7's until pins 1 & 8 are connected.

Boogiebabies said:
adonixx said:
Boogiebabies said:

I would not run anything but STR-416/Sylvania 6CA7's until pins 1 & 8 are connected.
Thanks, thats good to know. I have a set of NOS Sylvania 6L6GC (STR415) (tested 68ma at 400V), do you think they would be ok for outer sockets? Or Mesa 6l6 STR440 Red's?

Im not sure if i want to do this mod myself, and would like to use it before i find time to send it for the mod/recap..

I know there are many variables, but I feel like 68 mA may be a bit too hot. I'm also far from someone who knows their stuff. I know the outer SC sockets can take a hotter tube, so I was thinking mid 40's mA wise. Hotter you may burn tubes up fast or damage a tranny or something. I think the inner sockets like high 20's to low-mid 30's mA.

Someone please tell me I'm stupid and correct me. lol

Scott

Back