Boss DD-20 Fx Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZeE

Reaction score
Hi ... i could do with a little advice ...
I have a Single Rectifier (head) im running a Boss DD-20 thru the Fx loop , how ever i seem to be getting a feedback loop (or thats what it sounds like)
Has anyone had similar experience with this effect . The Fx mix knob is set fully on (to get a full on delay sound) .. i use to use the Boss VF1 in the same fashion ... and had no problems .... It sounds like the delay unit is looping back into itself ...

Also is there a maximum length of cable you should use if running pedals thru the fx loop (if the pedals are located on your fx board) ??

Hope this post makes sense :D

For some reason Boss delays and Mesa's effects loop design don't jive. The only way you'll avoid that feedback is to turn the delay down or convert the loop to a series loop.

Thanks for the reply ..... Ive been in touch with the Mesa distributor here in the UK ... they have sent me the schematics for the serial mod ..... So i will try that ....

*fingers crossed ;-)

screamingdaisy said:
For some reason Boss delays and Mesa's effects loop design don't jive. The only way you'll avoid that feedback is to turn the delay down or convert the loop to a series loop.
You aint kidding! I've gone round and round on this one.

So, is it only Boss delays?
If so, what other delay plays nice with the parallel loop?

*EDIT*~Blast from the past there! I didn't see the date of the original post!

I think I know what it is and I have the same problem with my Line 6 DL4. The parallel loop is "Line Level" +10db. It is a hotter signal than "instrument level" effects (-4db) such as the Boss DD-20 and the Line 6 DL4. Line level is what is used for more of the rack effect processors that you would use produce a wet signal, using the parallel loop as the dry. The instrument level effects are those that you put on the floor designed to be compatible into the front end (preamp stage) of the amp - they are designed exclusively to rely on the "mix" control on the unit to mix the wet and dry.

The problem then is the amount of signal being sent out of the effects send. The quick fix, if this is the problem, is an Ebtech 2-channel line level shifter. This will convert line level into instrument level and vice versa.

I personally think the design of a line level parallel loop is worthless for most players. I plan on getting a line level shifter and velcro-ing it to the back-inside of the amp cabinet and plugging the amp send in channel 1 and return in channel 2 (+10db) and then plugging my delay pedal input in channel 1 and output in channel 2 (-4db).

Anyone tried the line level thing? If it works I will get one and see if it will work with my Boss ME-50

vexed73 said:
Anyone tried the line level thing? If it works I will get one and see if it will work with my Boss ME-50
X2~ Since I've moved, I have not extra money.
When guitar strings are a luxury, money for experimental purposes ceases to exist! :oops:

grOOvadelic said:
I think I know what it is and I have the same problem with my Line 6 DL4. The parallel loop is "Line Level" +10db. It is a hotter signal than "instrument level" effects (-4db)

Groove,

Isn't this info backwards a bit?
Standard line is +4 (aka "Pro") and instrument is -10.

Mesa may do their own thing, but as standards you flipped 'em.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line-level

-P

FPFL said:
Groove, Isn't this info backwards a bit?
Standard line is +4 (aka "Pro") and instrument is -10. -P
FPFL, you are correct.

Latest posts

Back