boost pedal for express 5:50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musician18

Reaction score
I just bought a fulltone fat boost and I put in front of my amp with the rest of pedals and I cannot get it to boost my gain channel. It will boost channel 1 perfectly, but not channel 2. Is this going to be a pedal I have to run in the effects loop? I don't have any other pedals that would benefit from running through the effects loop. Thanks for any insight.

Hmm, that really doesn't make any sense. I would never put a boost/distortion in the loop because those are suppose to push the front end of the amp. Turn the gain down on the lead channel then turn the boost on and off and see if you notice a difference.

i heard of people putting it in the loop to acchive a clean boast.
is that what you are after?

still doesnt make sense to me since you are trying to boast the preamp

I am after a volume boost when I take solos so that I cut through the mix. I don't really want to saturate the tone with more gain otherwise I would use an overdrive pedal for the job.

A boost in front of the amp, especially on the lead channel, isn't really going to give you a volume boost, it's a preamp/gain boost by hitting the preamp harder, you might want to try a boost pedal with an eq built in or just an eq pedal in front with your mids pushed a little higher and mayber a little extra bass for a lead boost.

try putting the boost (or Boost+EQ) in your effects loop.

(BTW, most active EQ pedals can do some boosting, passive EQ pedals only selectively decrease frequency ranges)

Latest posts

Back