boost for roadster?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haden olmsted

Reaction score
hey everyone im looking for a nice boost to use for my red channel on my roadster. im currently using a boss ds-1 which is doing OK but just OK, Im looking for something thats really going to give my sound a nice crisp crunchy sound.

ds-1 as a booster? haha doesn't it sound too harsh?
I use boss sd-1
I'm still trying to figure out which setting to use, unity gain or just volumefull/drive0...

I really like my Xotic BB Preamp for this. Very transparent if you want it to be. Just makes everything good about the sound stand out more in the mix.

I use a Maxon OD808 and love it. I've heard great things about the BB Preamp too.

does it have to be a distortion/overdrive or do you just want a boost. BBE has the boosta grande, and mxr has the micro amp.

This is who I heard about the BB preamp from. Sounds pretty dang good to me. He's using it to boost his Mark IV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj5hDqicuqU

If your looking for a crispier sound and ch4, use an eq in the loop. As far as a boost for the roadster, i use an OCD on ch2 brit and ch3 vintage, gives the leads some extra sweetness

Siegmund missing link, clean boost, super nice and well made, has subminiature tube in it rated for 30,000 hours, www.siegmundguitars.com, and be ready to drool. Chris's stuff isn't for everybody, but no boutique builder's stuff is...this is absolutely top shelf stuff that Chris makes, also great customer service. I own a micro tube double drive of his and I LOVE it! That does a nice clean boost as well, but can add more gain stages for increased drive. Peace.

I seem to use a Xotic RC Booster on about every amp for bold and crisp, works great!

Back