Boogie's new amp room in NYC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesterpaul

Reaction score
..any of our NY brothers been to the new amp room featured at Rudy's ??there is an article on it in this month's Guitar World-"Mesa Boogie Manhattan"..a store within a store that features exotic,custom leathers and radically figured "Private Reserve" hardwood finishes...
-'cuse me if I am late on this..we just squirted out a kid this week...little behind in the times,maybe

I saw that in the mag too. I called on a Mark IV hoping they would have one but they said they had none at all, even used.

I'm 25 minutes by train from NYC and go there a few times a month, got to check this out for sure!

lesterpaul said:
..any of our NY brothers been to the new amp room featured at Rudy's ??there is an article on it in this month's Guitar World-"Mesa Boogie Manhattan"..a store within a store that features exotic,custom leathers and radically figured "Private Reserve" hardwood finishes...
-'cuse me if I am late on this..we just squirted out a kid this week...little behind in the times,maybe

The one with Methany on the cover? What page? I'm about a 4 hour drive from the city but maybe on a planned Romantic weekend with the wife we could stumble upon it by accident!!!!!!! And congrat's on the kid. My oldest is turning 15 this week and we got him the EVH phase 90. How cool is that? Thank God he likes the music I do!!!!

mule#1 said:
lesterpaul said:

The one with Methany on the cover? What page? I'm about a 4 hour drive from the city but maybe on a planned Romantic weekend with the wife we could stumble upon it by accident!!!!!!! And congrat's on the kid. My oldest is turning 15 this week and we got him the EVH phase 90. How cool is that? Thank God he likes the music I do!!!!

this one has SlipKnot on cover//GuitarWorld oct 08 pg.36..says its just around the corner from the legendary Rudi's..its on 7th Ave
..cool bday gift!!!!looking forward to stuff like that..
..and thanks Lou!

lesterpaul said:
Dude gratz on the baby. yeah i saw the article in Guitar World im interested to hear what its like. I live in KY so I won't be seeing it soon

I was planning on going soon but they dont have any Mark IVs? **** that really sucks I dont know where Im ever going to be able to try one out now, any ideas guys. It comes down to dual rec or mark IV and now I cant try one out. This sucks.

...had both..its a IV 4 me, but mileage does vary..all acc. to what you want-IMO...a IV has a lot more "flexibility"-goes a long way when you are searching for "your" tone, not just a carbon copy of someone(of course, if that is what you want, rock on as well...nuthin' wrong with that,either...whatever floats da boat...)

lesterpaul said:
..any of our NY brothers been to the new amp room featured at Rudy's ??

I've been dealing with Rudy since he came to 48th St., he runs a classy shop. This is good news for Boogie lovers here in NYC because Boogies are scarce on showroom floors around town. Never any at Sam Ash or Manny's and while GC carries them they never have anything high end in store. I'll have to swing by and see what the room looks like, a perfect chance to maybe try a Lonestar or some other nice example I've been dreaming about.

Went there today to have a look see. They indeed have a Mesa room which had two Lonestar classics in amazing hardwood w/matching extension cabs ($$$$), a LSS in tolex, stiletto combo, several stacks with single, and dual rectos, road king, etc., road king combo, express 5/25 and 5/50 and the picture of the mark v on the wall. I think pretty much all available guitar amps mesa produces.

There is another room dedicated primarily to Marshall, Orange, and Vox.

The main room has many boutique brands: 65, Victoria, Carr, and a decent array of tubes (mesa, tung sol, EH, mullard, etc., all new), some high-end PRS models, a few high-end Fenders, and accessories.

Since NYC real estate is $$$, it's not a huge place, but very nice to hang out in and drop several thousand dollars on gear or simply develop terminal GAS.

I was just there this past weekend...Amazing!...Every amp in there was beautiful...What I was amazed about the most though were the prices...They had a Roadster head there done up in red croco leather and chrome plate for $2450...I thought this was an excellent price for a custom Roadster in my opinion...There was also a Lonestar 1x12 combo with matching extension cab done up in flame maple with a charcoal grey transparent finish...It looked amazing...Rudy's rules...

well...if anybody in the nyc area is looking for a mark iv, i am willing to sell mine for 1800...it is brand new, i put the order in for it in dec 07 and got it mid february 2008...its a great amp but i like my dual rec better. BLASPHEMY! haha

i've been dealing with Rudy since he was partners with John Shur on 48th st.
the Amp showroom opened up June of this year right around the corner on 7th ave_4th fl.
The Mesa room is just amazing.in June they had a widebody mark IV combo.when i looked at the settings i had to do something so Jess gave me a guitar and i reset the amp.Rudy was like leave it to Rich...
i go in a few times a month to say hello.last week i went in to say hi and told rudy and jess about the IIC+ i just bought and jess hands me a set of 6L6 JJ's and says just try them.so i say ok then Rudy throws me a t-shirt and says add this to my collection :!:
A great bunch of guys and a sweet new addition to Rudy's Music Stop!

Latest posts

Back