Boogie SOB

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steel insane

Reaction score
I'm lookin' at head in decent shape. I gotta admit I don't know much about this amp and searching here didn't reveal a lot.

Is it a good amp? I realize it's pretty straight forward with no bells & whistles (similar to a Fender Bassman).

Any issues I should be looking for?

What's one worth these days?

Thanks for your help. 8)

Hi
I have owned 3 two 1982 and one a bit newer I liked the 82 not the new ones
there are two types in my eyes . 1) just has v1 v2 treb bass mid pres model two
has a limit instead of presence and some have both.The one I own know has no
limit we installed one because someone wired a loop on so we took the time and wired
a limit when we got rid of loop using a scem from boogie. This limit is not a very popular thing with boogie fans .You can set it at zero and its bypassed .

What do I like about sob

1)It does not sound like a mk1
What I dont like about sob

2)circuit boards stinks mines old enough were just the tone stack has one the rest is some what point to point.This made it easy to bias the amp to a more warm tone.
3)channel switching impossible

Would I buy one yes 500$ tubes would be issue to look for scraty volume pots any mods can be a nightmare to undo good luck
bick

The most underappreciated Boogie.With the right tubes and bias these amps are fantastic.Very much like the MKI,in my opinion.Channel switching can be achieved with a simple A/B box.A lot of people complain about the limit control being useless,just leave it at zero and you have nothing to complain about.I guess the head would be worth about $400 to $600,but of course,it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.Very well built,mine has been on loan for the last 20 years or so,I lent it to a friend who has been in Calif and dragging it all over the country for that time.He stopped by a little over a year ago,I re-tubed it for him,and it is still in good shape.

Back