Boogie Mark IV with PRS video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fronzil

Reaction score
just sold off my Jackson KE1 and EBMM JP6 BFR..bought this PRS Hollowbody and a Suhr S3 to replace them (suhr isn't here yet)..but ya..threw some NOS preamp tubes in the IV, plugged in the hollowbody..WOW..never knew the IV could sound so vintage! never been happier with my tone!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ge9s1cg8ws

Wow vintage was the word :)

Very round and clear. Sounds great 8)

Care to share your settings?

sure..this tone is purely a low gain rhythm 2 setting, with a BB preamp over it set as even lower gain. both together make a nice medium gained, bluesy rock tone to me.

Channel: Rhythm 2 - Gain : 6 (Pulled), Bass: 2.5, Mids: 5, Treble: 7, Presence: 4 (IN), Channel Volume 2.5, Main Output around 1.5.

GEQ is: bass don't touch, low mids slight boost, mids slight, slight drop depending on cab/guitar. upper mids slight boost, treble slight dip. (I only use the GEQ on rhythm 2)

Then I add the BB Preamp over it, which has a slight bass boost, slight dip in treble, volume is at like 11:15, and the gain is only at like 9 O'clock..if you don't have a BB, or a very transparent OD..just turn the gain up on the channel itself bit by bit till you like it.

MXR Carbon copy (only good for leads and dark ambiance IMO, but does both great.) set as a super subtle delay, going into a 1x12 GTS made Thiele Cab.

oh ya, it will NOT sound anything like this with shitty preamp tubes..take it from me.

Back