boogie bath day

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddy

Reaction score
Howdy folks , great site , here 's some shots I took when servicing my combo ...

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k85/gufefut/boog%20bath/?action=view&current=1172227219.pbw

I replaced V 1 pot , dusted & cleaned all controls / connections in prep for new tubes .
I bought this new back in '87 . She'll be 20 in April .

Looks like your ready to roast it. I was looking for a turkey neck in the pan !!! :D

Honestly, who cares about the cleaning photos when your running 2 Sylvania 6L6GC's and 2 Sylvania " Fatboy" 6CA7's.
I have tube envy !!!! :D

Nice amp bro.

Thanks , the roaster pan was to keep me from getting skinned by the lusty coastal wench . Solder burns in the tablecloth are contraindicated .

Those tubes still got a lot of life left in 'em after nearly 20 yrs .
They make a guest appearance now and then .

Buddy said:
Thanks , the roaster pan was to keep me from getting skinned by the lusty coastal wench . Solder burns in the tablecloth are contraindicated .

Those tubes still got a lot of life left in 'em after nearly 20 yrs .
They make a guest appearance now and then .

I am happy for you. You have a great amp and very expensive tubes.
Those 6CA7 Fatboy's are worth a mint alone.

I have a good stock of NOS Phillips 7581A's and new Mesa STR-415's, but I just cannot see spending $200 to $250 for two Sylvania/Phillips 6CA7's.
I'm stuck using the GT American made GE reissue.

Your the man !!!

Boogiebabies ,your kidding right ? If thats the case , these guys are going in a safe deposit box for 10 years . Put the kids thru college .
:roll: On second thought , I'll just plug 'em in every now & then and beat them like a rental car ....

Back