Bogner Uberkab and Dual Rec?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylek

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone here has used this combination or something similar combining the Celestion V30's and the G12T-75's and whether you liked the results or not. I know the dual rec is voiced for the v30's but i played a cab loaded with 12t75s and really liked it.

Lemme know guys!

Kyle

Yeah, I've tried it. I've got an Uberkab and a Recto Standard. It sounds really good, but that last 3 channel Dual Recto I had was just pure crap in my opinion. It didn't sound right.

I haven't done it with my newly acquired T-verb. I've got that and my Mark IV sitting on my Recto cab.

The 75's offer more sub-bass, less mids and harsher highs than the V30's to me. They, the 75's, also tend to sound cleaner to me when they're not farting out. You just have to watch the bass knob. There was a huge difference between them while I was running one 4x12 with 75's and another 4x12 with V30's with a Diezel VH4S. When I wanted to A/B the cabs, I would use the same settings on both power amps of the VH4S. The 75's were like I described above. The V30's were warmer, rounder, had more mids and less sub-bass, but they were still bright on top.

Some amps work great with 75's. I never really have been a huge fan of them, but they do sound great in my Uberkab and I like using 75's with Bogner and Marshall amps. Go figure! :)

Cheers,

Dale

Elpelotero said:
have you used the t-verb on the ubercab yet?

Not yet, but I'll give it a try and report back. I've been running it through the Recto cab with a bunch of GE's in the preamp and Philips 7581A's in the power section. It sounds great this way.

Dale

Latest posts

Back