Bogner, Diezel or Cornford?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogner, Diezel or Cornford?

• Bogner Ecstasy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diezel VH4

• Cornford MK50

• Total voters

holdsworth

Reaction score
As a proud owner of a Mark IV combo, I'm looking to add another feather to my bow by investing in another amp. For a long time now I've had my eye on the Bogner ecstasy (Steve Vai's Fire Garden tone is one of my favourite guitar tones of all time) but I've also heard very good things about the Diezel VH4. I know they're both great amps, in the higher eschelon of guitar gear, but I'd like some subjective views on these beasts. How do they compare? Bare in mind I am primarily looking for a great lead tone with a smooth liquid sustain, and also bare in mind I live in the UK (so presumably it would be easier to obtain a Diezel). Or should I forget these two and get a good old English Cornford MK50? How much distortion do the Cornford lead channels have?

The VH4 has a very round, compressed attack that's a lot of fun for juicy solos. For dialing in Vai sounds I think you would enjoy that amp over the others, including the Mark IV. That's my opinion from owning both.

I like the Ecstasy and almost purchased one until I tried the Diezel "Herbert". It is the most incredible sounding amp I've ever heard! I would suggest that you try them both if you can, however my money is definitely on the Diezel's.

DiezelHerbertReduced.jpg

-d

I've tried both diezel and cornford, and to be honest i can't tell which one i would pick as better :) cornford isn't so versatile as VH4 (which is IMO most versatile tube amp i've ever heard, it also has best control of tone i ever tried - you can tweak it's knobs anywhere and it always sounds killer), but has more "soul" in it's tone :) I would go for both if i could afford it :D i consider cornford as very "orange like" sounding amplifier, and diezel as a "american like" amp, i like both

Latest posts

Back