Blues Tone from MkIII

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everybody's OCD with the OCD, is it that good really?

OP, do you have problems with volume differences or switching problems in general when you use your IIA live?

phyrexia said:
Everybody's OCD with the OCD, is it that good really?

OP, do you have problems with volume differences or switching problems in general when you use your IIA live?

The lead master being limited by Master 1 can be a pain, but as long as the lead drive is set appropriately, it's fine. Tonally, setting the treble and mid so they are usable for both channels took some time to figure out. I usually set it higher than optimal for rhythm and back off the volume on the guitar, taking some of the high end with it. When switching to lead, the guitar volume goes up adding back in the highs. This also helps with the master volume issues. I've also had to train myself to not play in the exact moment of switching since it does pop. Did they fix that with the IIB?

My MKIII greenie gets very SRV tones with single coils in R2, but I set my volume (far left) at 6 1/2 and do roll off the volume on my guitar just a tad. Sounds bluesy enough for me, but I also have a BB preamp that I also use with R1 for slightly less gainy blues tones. The MKIII takes pedals really well BTW.

Latest posts

Back