Blue Stripe Mark III R2 Mod via Direct Pot

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpiderMarkIII

Reaction score
Ok, I have a Mark III Blue Stripe. I had a guy mod the R2 by assigning the direct out vol pot directly to the R2. I can not only dial in the vol level to match the R1 exactly, but can crank if I want to get more gain/vol. Anyone else have this mod?

Hi Spidermark,

Hold on here as I think a point of clarification is in order. The R2 Vol-pot mod that I am thinking of (and has had lots of discussion here of late) allows one to match the increased volume of the R2 to the R1. Nothing there about boost. It's simply a variable resistor (a pot) that replaces the fixed resistor ...nothing to "crank" there, bro. Unless you are speaking of a different mod, in which please share. :)

Edward

The R2 volume mod doesn't use the same value pot as the direct output.

The direct output pot is usually removed and another pot installed in its place (hole) to control R2.

This is the way I modded my amp. I also left the direct output jack there and added a fixed resistor in place of the direct output pot which I removed. That way I can still use the direct output if I ever want to.

SpiderMarkIII said:
Ok, I have a Mark III Blue Stripe. I had a guy mod the R2 by assigning the direct out vol pot directly to the R2. I can not only dial in the vol level to match the R1 exactly, but can crank if I want to get more gain/vol. Anyone else have this mod?

Ok guys, thanks for the replies. I'm sure I've got what you all have. A vol pot for the R2. Edward, my mod doesn't have a gain switch or pot, it's just a little dirtier when the vol is increased. Sorry if I mislead.

Tuna141 said:
This is the way I modded my amp. I left the direct output jack there and added a fixed resistor in place of the direct output pot which I removed. That way I can still use the direct output if I ever want to.

That's the way Mike Bendinelli added the R2 volume pot in my red stripe.
Regards

SpiderMarkIII said:
SpiderMarkIII said:

Ok guys, thanks for the replies. I'm sure I've got what you all have. A vol pot for the R2. Edward, my mod doesn't have a gain switch or pot, it's just a little dirtier when the vol is increased. Sorry if I mislead.

Gotcha!

FWIW, mine was even easier ...if you don't have reverb, just use that hole. Bought a pot and knob from Mesa and installed it there. Looks factory! :)

Edward

Back