Blue channel with OCD and Sylvania 6CA7's , 45 watt mode

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JOEY B. said:
So good it should be illegal. Using the guitar volume control and the OCD pedal make this channel my favorite, by far.

We need clips

primal said:
We need clips
I have no professional recording gear in house. I also refuse to put out any sub-standard video/audio clips just for the sake of demonstration. It would completely defeat the purpose. I chose to spend my money on a new Anderson Hollow Cobra S rather than any home recording gear. Nothing can replicate sound waves penetrating the pickup coils of an electric guitar at stage volumes. Modelers BE DAMNED.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

JOEY B. said:
primal said:
We need clips
I have no professional recording gear in house. I also refuse to put out any sub-standard video/audio clips just for the sake of demonstration. It would completely defeat the purpose. I chose to spend my money on a new Anderson Hollow Cobra S rather than any home recording gear. Nothing can replicate sound waves penetrating the pickup coils of an electric guitar at stage volumes. Modelers BE DAMNED.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Excuses ;)

I agree though.

I always laugh when someone will listen to a single clip of one amp then a single clip of another and immediately assume one is better then the other.

First off, how many times do we record our amps only to come back and say "that's not how it sounded in the room".

Secondly, especially with an SM57, moving the mic even just half an inch left or right makes a huge difference in tone. You can go from ice pick to mud in a matter of inches.

Third, one amp can be dialed in like crap while the other is at it's best.

I absolutely agree that the OCD is the perfect overdrive pedal with the ED. It adds the sustain that I am after in Lo and Hi gain modes when soloing and just sounds so sweet! The OCD also seems to tame the bass down a bit in the blue channel which is great. IMO with the tone controls set for great sounds for the Clean and Hi modes, the Lo mode is a bit to "thundering" for my taste....especially for lead work. However, the OCD cures this nicely.

dodger916 said:
Those big-bottle, dual getter 6CA7s are hard to beat.

All the bass of 6L6's with the midrange and rounded off highs of the EL-34's. All the while not too gritty or grainy when pushed into breakup. Perfection, as far as my ears are concerned.
8)

Latest posts

Back