Blown Fuses in adual rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesanomad100

Reaction score
Alright,thought I'd fixed my dual rec,Im runnin a step down transformer as I live in Scotland,The first time the fuse in the transformer had blown,Replaced the fuse and the amp has running fine(with new 6l6's).cranked the volume to 4,yes 4......then the internal amp fuse fried!!!

Any suggestions what this might be??????

cheers Euan

Not sure how the stepdown transformer would change things but a blown fuse is almost always a power tube or a rectifier tube (or diode). Try replacing the internal fuse and running the amp in the diode mode. Power it on and jam on it for a bit to get some juice going. If it doesn't blow then you have a bad rectifier tube. If it does, I'm not entirely convinced it isn't power tube related. How new are the power tubes?

Also, follow the FAQ in my sig or look in your manual for tube diagnosis.. you should be able to see the arc happen inside the power tube if that is the issue.

cheers will do,Im thinkin of sending it down to my local mesa tech,he is called Denis Marshall and is an absolute wiz.He has his own preamps out called emerson williams and there product is called Dark Blue.He was at NAMM this yaer check em out

I've had enough of tryin to sort it myself time to hand it over to the pro!!!!
I will tell you when its all fine and running as should,I'll post some pics of it as well so you can see the magnificent purple suede head and cab.
Rabies what happened with the barney??that is one hell of a sweet amp,Im gonna get a RKII/RKI in purple suede as my next mesa purchase or I might get a MKIV in guess which finish..........PURPLE SUEDE
Some people dislike this option but I think its pimpin,yeh groovey

Euan

Back