blown fuse on mark iic+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdog

Reaction score
I blew a fuse last night while jamming. Is it normal for the amp not to power up after a blown fuse? and is this an indication of a bigger problem?

Fuses can sometimes blow because of electricity issues too. Bad power conditions at the place you were jamming, for instance.

When a fuse blows, it breaks the whole power circuit, so yes, it's normal for the amp to not power up afterwards.

Replace the fuse with a new one of the correct rating, and look at the power tubes while flipping the standby switch. If everything is as it should be (e.g. no red plating, shorts, etc.) chances are everything's fine. To be safe, I'd replace the power tubes as well if you have an important gig ahead, for instance.

yeah i did read the manual, i just wanted to make sure it was normal for the amp not to power up. when it looked like my amp was dead, my heart sank...i've only had the amp for 2 weeks.

mdog said:
yeah i did read the manual, i just wanted to make sure it was normal for the amp not to power up. when it looked like my amp was dead, my heart sank...i've only had the amp for 2 weeks.

When I read what you had written, I immediatly felt your pain. I should have said so in my first reply. Be sure to let us know how it turns out for you.

I wish you well.

I will be on the hunt for some fuses today and bring my amp in to be looked at tommorow if need be.

Back