Bigfoot part's question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mindseye

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals I'm a noob to the Boogie Board hope i have this in the right section......

So i bought me a 3ch Dual Recto a few weeks ago and love the amp but after 10 years on the road with its former owner the footswitch is a little wore out, no telling how many beers were spilled in this thing!

What im look'en for is the switches that soder to the board, here's a some pics of them...
bf2.jpg

bf1.jpg

The only other markeings that are not in the pics are "USA 0104"

What i'd like to know is, is there a place were i can buy them that would be easyer then dealing with Boogie?
Is this even something i can get from boogie, are they cool to deal with on stuff like this?
I wouls also asume it would be cheaper to buy somewere other than mesa

I also have a Nomad 55 that i dig the hell out of!
Heres a pic of me Mesa rig with a little customizing i did on the recto
room1.jpg

Thanks and have a great weekend everyone!

You could try to find it at Mouser Electronics. www.mouser.com

They are very friendly to deal with and have tons of stuff.

Another place is Allied Electronics. Their catalog looks like a New Your phone book. www.alliedelec.com

OR....

Call Mesa and ask for Rich Duvall. He is the head of tech support.

I don't think that they will have any problem selling you some swtiches.

I like the look of the Recto, but how did you get the Marshall to do your laundry? :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/USED-MESA-BOOGIE-BIG-FOOT-Foot-Switch-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ150213156190QQihZ005QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/USED-MESA-BOOGIE-BIG-FOOT-Foot-Switch-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ150213156190QQihZ005QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Restless Rocks said:

Thanks for the info and the heads up on the ebay one, but at $45.61 for shiping and ch1 only working sometimes i think ill have to pass on that one.

That is an Eaton switch and looking over Allied's site it MIGHT be part # 367-0794, Eaton part #8442K4. Can't really tell without a bottom pic. That was the only Eaton switch Allied carries matching that switch shape and voltage rating. Are the lugs screw type or solder?

Probably best to call Mesa and either buy from them or get a confirmation of the part number.

Mesa is really reasonable for buying just a few parts as some of the electronics distributors usually have a minimum purchase amount/quantity. I found this out the hard way when I was building a Marshall clone and a specific manufacturer's part for one of the capacitors. I would have had to buy 10000 of them from Mouser. I ended up purchasing them from Germany for $4/part in singles, Mouser had them for $.55/part.

Wow! I didn't catch that $33. shipping charge. But somebody bought it anyway. Monsta is correct: call Boogie and ask for Rich, he'll fix you up. Then you'll be certain to have the correct parts. If you attempt the repair yourself be sure to work on the proper anti static mat. That particular switch contains some very sensitive digital chips which are easily damaged by aberant static. They are the same switch used by the nomad amps and I've had 3 or 4 come thru with fried chips which zapped the main matrix chip inside the amp. Best to have your tech do it if you're not experienced with digital circuitry.

Definitely clean the board off really well too. It looks very dirty, which can cause some errant behavior in the pedal. Channels will switch on their own, things won't switch when pressed. A real pain in the butt.

hmmmm ... couldn't that footswitch be replace with a Carling switch depending if its SPST, SPDT, DPDT?

click on image

Latest posts

Back