Big time Express GAS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDS

Reaction score
Unbeknownest to me, my local Boogie dealer got a shipment of Express amps in last week. I stopped in today to pick up my guitar, fresh from a refinish at Anderson, and he had one 5:25 left. I played it for about 20 minutes and I was totally impressed (again!). I think Mesa has a real winner on their hands with this amp. I just love that EL-84 sound. So smooth! 5 watt mode was nice and chewy and both channels were full of great tones. I really liked the reverb too and I'm not a reverb guy.

I love my Rectoverb but I must have a 5:25! :D

The other guitar player in our band just picked up a 5:50 and its INCREDIBLE. I bought a rectoverb the week before he got this, and if it wasn't for the solo switch on the ROV I would seriously be wondering if I bought the right amp. Very nice stuff.

You bastards with your Express amps and no sound clips.

:D

I'd REALLY like to hear some more clips from this amp.

Pretty pretty please!!!

I ordered one about three weeks ago.patiently waiting :x but one of you should help my suffering by posting some clips damnit!

If I can work a deal out to snag it (and somebody doesn't beat me to it) I will post some clips. If you like the EL-84 Vox sound you will really like this little amp. :D

I am going on two full weeks with my 5:50, and my RK II has been sitting in a corner ever since......This has to be the absolute best amp for the $$$ Mesa has built. Kind of reminds me of what the Studio Pre did to the rest of the high priced Mesa line.....

It's an absolutley wonderful...Great Sounding Amp, all modes and channels.

JAZZGEAR said:
I am going on two full weeks with my 5:50, and my RK II has been sitting in a corner ever since......This has to be the absolute best amp for the $$$ Mesa has built. Kind of reminds me of what the Studio Pre did to the rest of the high priced Mesa line.....

It's an absolutley wonderful...Great Sounding Amp, all modes and channels.
You makin' fun of me? :mrgreen:
I could have written this post!

abecon5 said:
ashjn said:
zakkfaerum said:
Let's here some clips!!!

+2.

And I would love to hear your Anderson with it. I run an F-100 with my Anderson...

+3!

There's a review at the link below which has some clips of both 5:25 & 5:50. However, they're not of very good quality due to the compression, but it should give an idea of sorts

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=11703&highlight=express

Back