Big Muff volume loss

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmondayz

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

I run a big muff in the effects loop of my Mark IV. I know it's supposed to be a preamp effect but I put it in the loop so it won't distort my delay, and I get more of the amp's delicious character in the tone this way.

At low amp volumes, the big muff gives a nice boost and some amazing tone. The problem is anytime I really crank the amp for a rehearsal or show, the muff drains my volume. I get buried in the mix. I know some of this is the different sonic spectrum in a loud band environment as opposed to playing by myself, but there is a clear volume loss along with it.

Has anyone here had similar problems?

Thanks,
Matt

No I would never do that to my mark IV.
I cant believe hom many people put these little craps in the loop .
Mark IV is the best it doesnt need anything more.
You can put an fx rack in the loop so it wont suck your volume but a big muff !
Let MARK IV in peace it delivers god s tone huahuahaua

I agree, the Mark IV sounds amazing on its own. That's the whole point of a Mark IV, right? But the big muff sounds pretty sweet too, if you know how to use it. You can't build a unique sound with one piece of equipment, no matter how versatile you think your boogie might be.

Throwing a rack in won't help, because I leave the loop on all the time. I switch the individual effects on and off from inside the loop, and I don't like compression. I'm looking for dynamics. Thanks for your thoughts though.

Latest posts

Back