BIG Mark IV problem!!!???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My mark Iv just stopped working. I got it yesterday and it was fine up until about two minutes ago. The volume dropped and the amp suddenly just switched off. All the lights went out, everything. Doesn't respond at all now!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Refer to my post, too if you need to, there were some helpful replies. I might have had the same problem as you.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=3651

My MKIV did the same thing a while back. I wasn't lucky enough to have a power tube problem, a capacator had actually leaked on the board and caused a short. Still, even with that the repair only ran a bit over 200.00. Well worth the price to get my MKIV up and running again.

That sucks. A cap is $ 10.00 and takes 10 minutes to put in. it only takes 5 if you clip the lead and solder the new and old leads. I have seen amp techs do this before and it sickens me.

I'm taking it to a tech because it's pre-owned and I want it serviced. I figured out what the problem was, turned out the adapter for the power (american to european) blew. Thanks for the help guys. :)

Latest posts

Back