Bias mod MKiii red stripe

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johndandry

Reaction score
I've done a lot of reading on this mod and just wanna make sure I got it right.
My amp is a MKIII Red Stripe.
is the bias resistor R117?

http://tubefreak.com/mk3-2.gif There are no numbers on the components in the schem I linked here,but the resistor you want to change is the one marked "factory select".I usually use a cermet pot 2X's the value of the resistor.

stokes said:
http://tubefreak.com/mk3-2.gif There are no numbers on the components in the schem I linked here,but the resistor you want to change is the one marked "factory select".I usually use a cermet pot 2X's the value of the resistor.

johndandry said:
I've done a lot of reading on this mod and just wanna make sure I got it right.
My amp is a MKIII Red Stripe.
is the bias resistor R117?

I have been tring to research this mod myself to do on my purple stripe. I have done this mod on my other amps but never on a boogie mark 3. If you guys could paste some good threads on this I would be forever grateful. Having a hard time finding good info through the good old search tab. Would love some input! Thanks

Its really simple,find the resistor I pointed out on that schem in the bias supply,determine its value and replace it with a cermet pot of 2X the value.If it is,lets say,25k,you would use a 50k pot.This puts the stock value right in the middle of your pot,gives you ample range of adjustment in either direction.

stokes said:
Its really simple,find the resistor I pointed out on that schem in the bias supply,determine its value and replace it with a cermet pot of 2X the value.If it is,lets say,25k,you would use a 50k pot.This puts the stock value right in the middle of your pot,gives you ample range of adjustment in either direction.

Kool. Thanks bro

Latest posts

Back