Bi-amping with my mark iv

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-Dizzle

Reaction score
i am considering running a dual rectifier along with my mark iv. i play in a modern metal band so i need a little of the low end that the dual offers. i was wondering if anyone else is doing this? also which do they prefer to run the older 2 ch or the newer 3 ch?
i have owned a 3 ch before i liked but i ended up selling it to get a tri axis set up.
is the red ch similar on both?

thanks

Recto and Triaxis similar?

Definitely not!

If you want something for "THE RECTO TONE", and only that brutal gain, a 2 channel is the best bet for you.

The 3 channel recto is a great companion to the mark IV. I use to run my mark IV and 3 channel DR together all the time, and they sounded wicked together, but it was overkill and I like simple setups. 3 channel and 2 channel DR's are very similar and IMO you can get them to sound almost identical, and in a band mix you won't be able to tell the difference. I've found the vintage setting on the 3 channel DR's is closer to the modern mode on 2 channels. I'd go 3 channel to go with your mark IV, just because they are both 3 channels and the raw mode on the recto with r2 on the IV are insanely good together.

ToneAddictJon said:
3 channel and 2 channel DR's are very similar and IMO you can get them to sound almost identical, and in a band mix you won't be able to tell the difference.
he he, I think you'll have a lot of comments about that! :D I've got no experience with 2ch/3ch comparison however...

Latest posts

Back