Best Way to Increase Reverb Strength in MK IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skoora

Reaction score
I was hoping a hot preamp tube might do the trick but saw in the manual that the reverb send and return are on different pre-tubes sharing duties with lead gain. Is it a matter of a different tank perhaps or are you looking at changing component values to get more signal to the tank?

Not sure about the MkIV but the reverb sucked in MKIII's and Mesa (Mike B) had a mod to offer some increased reverb.
Maybe there's a similar mod that can be done for the MkIV.
Call Mesa and see what they say.

The reverb in my mark IV at best is very "subtle" - and that's not what you always want. But I think that's just the nature of these things. You might be best served by using an outboard reverb device of some kind in the loop. I have an Eventide Space that does some amazing sounds, in addition to doing spot-on spring reverb sounds.

I'm looking at a used head and was hoping to cop some Fender surf tones out of it but the reverb is so anemic. I guess they tailored the reverb to lead guitar playing and not big and bold, clean craziness.

Try Rhy 1 as follows: Gain on 7-10. Rhy 1 master on 0 (minimum)! output level on 10. More reverb than you'll ever need.

Back