best speaker for a DC-3 1X12 combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to own a DC-3 and i run it through my Peavey 4x12. It has no issue pushing it and it sounded descent.

thanks, it sounds great through my 4X12 but I need to replace the combo speaker and wanted some suggestions. The V-30's are pricey!

You should try the Vintage Black Shadow speakers, that were made by Eminence to Mesa. they really match well with the DC-3 (my bands mate is using a DC-3 head with a 1x12 open cab with one of those speakers and sounds huge!!).

they're pretty cheap right now, you can get one for 30-35 bucks, if not less. 8)

Vigo1999 said:
You should try the Vintage Black Shadow speakers, that were made by Eminence to Mesa. they really match well with the DC-3 (my bands mate is using a DC-3 head with a 1x12 open cab with one of those speakers and sounds huge!!).

they're pretty cheap right now, you can get one for 30-35 bucks, if not less. 8)

sounds good...where do I buy them?

Finnster said:
Vigo1999 said:

sounds good...where do I buy them?

sometimes they pop up here . . . send Jim a pm (JimAnsell) and ask if he have one right now to sell, he prob does. 8)

or keep an eye at evilbay, sometimes they pop up there also.

Go with the V30 in your DC-3 Combo.

Then add a 112 EVM Theile cab underneath it for even more fabulous tone.

I do NOT like the Celestion/Black Shadow C-90 with this amp.

Bill

I haven't actually tried the Celestion Black Shadow in the amp, only in a 1/2 back 1x12 Mesa cab. It sounded VERY good, but that was in conjunction with the Vintage 30. Great combination of speakers.

I went with an Eminence Texas Heat (got one for $50.00) It sounds very nice so far, it is new so some break-in time will tell for sure. Of course after I bought it some V-30's popped up on the classified section...that always happens.

Now if I can just narrow down the buzz/rattle in the amp this will be the perfect lil' amp on the go. It sounds fantastic otherwise.

Thanks for all the help

Latest posts

Back