Best Delay & or Reverb pedal out there ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UDAMANN

Reaction score
What's the best sounding delay pedal on the market ?

What's the best sounding reverb pedal out there ?

I'm just interested in pedals.

Thanks !

Tim

Can't really say what's the best sounding delay pedal because that's different for everyone.

For some, the best delay is the most sonically pure one that does nothing to alter your tone, and all repeat notes sound as crisp and clean as the note you play.

Other people want a delay that gets dirty with the repeats, adds warmth, perhaps does modulation, sounds more vintage, etc...

If you like vintage sound and have a parallel effects loop in which to place it, I think the Line 6 DL-4 has gorgeous sounds. It colors your tone alot, though, so it's best placed in a parallel loop so you can run some clean signal alongside it.

My delay of choice is the BOSS DD-20, which can sound studio clean, or you can do some good modulation effects, and it has some neat modern delay effects.

You can read a review I wrote on these, along with the very clean sounding Rocktron Cyborg, here:

http://www.musicplayers.com/reviews/guitars/2006/1006_DelayPedals.php

Scott

The best pedal is a pedal its stay away from me huahuauuahha

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ehy, take a look to the carl martin delayla (pure CREAM), the Trex Replica, the Tc Electronics Vintage Delay, and the DL4 from Line6. They are THE delays :D .

In midrange prize, i like the boss RV3. All you have to do is try them and choose! (but prepare some money...)

peace!

I have a Ibanez (read MAXON) AD202 analog delay and it fucking rocks. It does modulation (speed/depth) so you can get a nice tremolo or leslie sound out of it. It also does doubling, flange, and chorus.

ibanez-ad202-Ax.jpg

Thank you all for the great input about delay pedals. I have a boss DD-3 & it's great. I'm looking for a pedal that has at least 3 switches & a tap tempo switch. I've heard good thing about Line-6's DL-4. This UD-Stomp pedal looks very good so far too. Is it out yet ? How much $ ? Has anyone played one ?

Here's what I need or want.

Setting (1) - Tight delay (about 55ms) - To keep things phat !

(2) Medium delay - For lead's w/out allot of repeats.

(3) Longer ping pong delay for a nice "Lukather" sound (Think Rosanna).

Delay & maybe reverb are the only effects I use so spending a little more on a delay unit is not a problem at all , but I do want multiple settings / switches. I'm checking into all your selections & will let you know what I decide to get along w/ how well it works w/ my Boogie (Ace).

Peace ! Tim

UDAMANN said:
This UD-Stomp pedal looks very good so far too. Is it out yet ? How much $ ? Has anyone played one ? Peace ! Tim
Unfortunately Yamaha stopped production on this pedal a couple of years ago, so you'd have to find one used, but it's definately worth looking for. It's a great pedal. Expect to pay at least $200 used. I use it in both my electric and acoustic rigs and I'm currently looking for a second one so I don't have to keep switching it back and forth.

I'm going to get the UD Stomp or the DL4 from what I can tell. Yea ! I found out that Yamaha stopped making the Stomp pedal. Why do you think they stopped ? Bad sales ? All the reviews for both pedals are very, very good.

Thanks !

P.S. - Go buy Andy Timmons "Resolution" c.d. it's very good. Great tones & delay / reverb sounds too.

The new Toto record is very good as well (Falling in Between). It's like the old Toto from the 80's where Luke shreds , but still has that pop feel.

I really couldn't ever live without a preamp equipped with a spring reverb, but...

One of the best reverb pedals around is actually the lowly Digitech. Surprisingly good.

The very pricey Holiest Grail by EH is super-tweakable and extreme settings can produce some insane industrial-type noise-fun, but that's about as much as I've gotten to play with one. Not blown away by its forebears the Holy & Holier.

Favorite delay pedal: the original 70's Ibanez AD-80 Analog Delay. Nothing like it... but otherwise the DL4 or even the Echo Park. Or the T-Rex Replica!

+1 on the DD-20.

Up to 23 seconds is awesome for looping.

Two pedals already on it, plus capacity for an external control pedal for tap. Amazing functionality for $20 more than a DD-6

Hughes & Kettner Replex

But it does alter your tone, the Rivera Knucklehead (55 watt 2 EL 34's) sounds great with this pedal. The Roadking I am still muckin with but its a sweet tape delay simulator though its expensive

Latest posts

Back