Best cab for a Mark-series head?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

visualrocker69

Reaction score
Ok I've just realized that the only cabs I'm familiar with from Mesa are the Rectifier cabs... just like the DR was the only Mesa amp I'd heard of before I started reading the board a few months ago :)

I'm still planning on getting a 2x12 cab, but I've read that some people like cabs from other companies more than Mesa's recto cabs? Orange for example. Soldano's also have the Celestion Vintage 30's in them. How do diff cabs affect the sound?

Come to think of it - I don't know anything about any other speakers either :p I've read both good and bad things about the Vintage 30's on these boards... They sounded fine to me when I played through a DR with two 2x12 recto cabs... But maybe something suits the Mark series better?

Anyway, thanks~

I think the 2x12 horizontal recto cab sounds FANTASTIC with my markIV head, nice and punchy but still tons of low end that doesn't get farty (unlike with the DR) :)

+1

I love the sound of my 2x12 recto cab with my Mark III. Of course the 4x12 sounds bigger but not necessarily better.

Been running my 4 x12 RK and 2 x 12 recto cabs with the Mark IV. Sounds unreal. I am absolutely blown away with the Mark IV!!

Back