Best Boogie 1x12 combo for punk/metal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjgto

Reaction score
I play in a loud/fast metal/punk band, was using a Laney AOR combo with chorus/delay pedal, which Boogie 1x12 combo is for me?

Anything but the LoneStar.....

....and even that can be used if you use pedals for gain.

But I'll toss my vote in for the Single Rectifier or any Mark series amp. The Rectifier series is big time popular in both Metal and Punk circles, and the Mark series is/was also used by both (Metallica, NoFX, Nirvana, ect...)

Mark IV, Rectifier series, F30.. most boogies can get you there with the right tools.

I tried the 50 caliber a few months back...don't know what your definition of gain is but it certainly didn't have as much as the ROV and it didn't sound as good for metal rhythm playing.

Warning about the ROV Combo (I may put this in my signature 8) ). If for even a brief moment, you believe the words "convenience of a combo amp" and ROV belong in the same sentence, you are SADLY mistaken. It is large, heavy and comburesome. You'll need casters or a personal trainer. That being said, it has a tremendous gain sound and takes up less space than a 4x12 and a head!

rjgto said:
What do you guys think about a .50 Caliber Plus combo?

+1 on the convience of a combo amp in the Rectoverb, it's a heavy beast!! But it's definately got some tone!!!

* If you want the traditional Rectifier tone, go for the Rectoverb
* If you want a versatile amp with great tweakability, go for the Mark IV
* If you want great tone, and can live without some of the teakability then go for the f-50.
* Or wait for the Roadster combo to come out in a couple/few months :wink: , closed back 1x12 with 4 channels.

Latest posts

Back