Benefits of el34 in Dual Rec?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swivs

Reaction score
Hey Board was wanting to know how the el34 in a rec sound, how do they change the sound, also is there a difference between the solo 50 head and dual rec head besides the watts? sound wise, i played a 50 head and liked the sound but my roadster dual rec was not the same an that one?

Im running el34 in my solo 50 right now. what I find is that when I was looking to nail that really bassy, but not muddy recto sound with 6l6 tubes I was constantly trying to dial it in and messing with it non stop. now with el34 it turns out that its very simple. the el34 add tons or trebble and mids so all I do now is:

output:2:00
master:12:00
solo: max and on
presence:eek:ff
bass:max
mid:adjust for more cut depending on guitar
trebble:eek:ff
gain:1:00
on modern

Im using a bfg les paul

sounds exactly like that stereotyped recto sound....witch is the only thing a recto does better than any other amp

To me, the EL34's bring out more mid's and knocks off some of the "Fizz" that recto's some times have. As far as the difference between a a solo 50 and Roadster is a matter of design. Different amps from the same linage.

Back