Before I try this to my MB DC 10 212......

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gem12

Reaction score
Hey guys does anyone here have ever tried this product?
Groove Tube Substi-Tube 928-PR to EL84 Adapter.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Groove-Tube-Substi-Tube-928-PR-to-EL84-Adapter-and-Tube-Sets-102552080-i1390288.gc

Will this work on a Boogie Amp?
TO ALL AMP GURU's I NEED YOUR INPUT ON THIS ONE!!!!

Thanx

This is old hat ...the only difference is that the tube and converter are incorporated into one unit. Google up "Yellow Jackets" and you'll see that adaptors have been around for a while, converting one style tube to another, or A/B to ClassA. It's safe, but with converters, at least you have the option of using different tubes and not just stuck with the GT tube unit.

If you've played amps with different power tube sections, you'll get an "idea" of the general flavor of tube types. But there's still a vast difference between using a 6L6 amp converted to an EL84 vs an EL84-designed amp from the get go. Only your ears can decide which is better.

Edward

EDIT: BTW, yellow jackets are made by THD.

edward said:
This is old hat ...the only difference is that the tube and converter are incorporated into one unit. Google up "Yellow Jackets" and you'll see that adaptors have been around for a while, converting one style tube to another, or A/B to ClassA. It's safe, but with converters, at least you have the option of using different tubes and not just stuck with the GT tube unit.

If you've played amps with different power tube sections, you'll get an "idea" of the general flavor of tube types. But there's still a vast difference between using a 6L6 amp converted to an EL84 vs an EL84-designed amp from the get go. Only your ears can decide which is better.

Edward

EDIT: BTW, yellow jackets are made by THD.

Thanx BRO...

I just wanted to hear my DC 10 in a lower volume setting with some tube
saturation. That's why I am getting some idea if this thing gonna work coz I dont really have any clue and most importantly not to messed up my Boogie.

Thanx for the info.

Your welcome. BTW, I don't know if this matters, but you may want to ask THD if it matters that your amp is NOT cathode biased. And report back your thoughts once you get them, would ya? :)

Edward

Latest posts

Back