Been up all night, still can't sleep (IIC+ Coli content)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodiac272

Reaction score
Because i just drove home with this from Nashville. I didn't know it was a simul until I opened it up! It looks really clean... but I'm gonna send it to mesa to a cap job and ask mike b to anoint it. Wow, I'm so glad I ignored my girl who told me "I was fucking crazy" to drive to Nashville to buy an amp, or possibly get killed and skinned and dried and turned into leather amp cover or a lamp shade. Thank you guys for not killing and or scamming me! Sorry for the crap iphone pics. I think I'm gonna launch those spring tube retainers... it has the bear trap type retainers. Any thoughts on this one?

thanks
scott

c9b13b7d.jpg

0d7c93b1.jpg

9ace92cf.jpg

41fd5261.jpg

711f3627.jpg

0ade4d21.jpg

029ef87e.jpg

Hey thanks guys! great road trip! I love the Waffle House. like one every exit on 65 thru indiana, KY, and TN.

as far as name, I was trying to think of one. Right now I'm calling it Thundercock... just because it will have a Godlike thunder sound and it makes me feel like I have two dicks now. but I'm open to suggestions for names.

Scott

You should call it "The Situation" since it's number 4-1-1.

That way when anyone asks about it, you can say "THIS IS THE SITUATION!!" :twisted:

congrats, and welcome o the club-to quote bb, you have a "hen's tooth"-nashvegas area??****..thats only 2 hrs north of me!!!
-have you played her yet??as mike b. told me,"put that limit on zero,switch her to full power, and let her rip!"...glad I had some ev's to handle the load

thanks! yes, IIC+ coliseum, simul-class. Yes I have played it a bit, then shucked it from it's shell, snapped some pics, changed the tubes, played some more. now I have to snag a pair of 6ca7's. Anybody know which tubes are in use while in half power? I haven't really opened it up yet though. I think my cabinets are looking at this thing and sweating! Anybody know what the 6FQ7 tube does?
hey SonicP.....I like "the Situation" but it reminds me too much of the jersey shore guy. what else you got?

scott

Hey Scott!!!

Congrats on the new Baby! Looks really great. Also one of the Simul's! So, to clear the question. What is the Simul OT Part Number. As we already know from the non Simul's. This would be a great info!

If i remember right there's a Reverb Pot on the front. But your Coli didn't have reverb. So what is on the front Faceplate written? Just wondering what Mesa did.

Enjoy the new Amp! :twisted:

zodiac272 said:
thanks! yes, IIC+ coliseum, simul-class. Yes I have played it a bit, then shucked it from it's shell, snapped some pics, changed the tubes, played some more. now I have to snag a pair of 6ca7's. Anybody know which tubes are in use while in half power? I haven't really opened it up yet though. I think my cabinets are looking at this thing and sweating! Anybody know what the 6FQ7 tube does?
hey SonicP.....I like "the Situation" but it reminds me too much of the jersey shore guy. what else you got?

scott
the full/half is like a pentode/triode switch ,with half power being triode/all tubes are drawing current
-the fq7 is phase inverter tube
-from the series 300 manual-NOTE: Series 300 amplifiers with Simul-Class have a different tube layout than the regular 75-watt Simuls. In the Series 300 Simuls,
the EL34/Class A sockets are the middle pair of sockets - that is, the 3rd and 4th sockets as you count across. The other sockets (1&2
and 5&6) use 6L6's.
-check out the Boogie Files as well...good info on the Coli

edit!just remembered yours was simul...!I guess your halfpower/full power is the simul/class A switch,huh?I suppose half power puts you in class A with the inner pair of tubes,and full is simulclass..?the above post was referencing my non simul K...time to fire her up and see

Hey thanks bigmouth!

lesterpaul... yeah cause it says half power I was thinking 3 tubes, but I guess that's wrong. Maybe just the two center tubes. I have some mesa str 416 on the way. Do I need pins 1 and 8 connected? Yeah I read those boogie files, and drool on that mark IIB hardwood coliseum and cab. It sounds amazing. the low end is massive. It's like a wall of music. I can't wait to crank it monday when the neighbors are out!

Hey gts... I like Road Warrior, Radar Love is cool. maybe "Trippin" oh... how about "ROAD HEAD"!!!! or "I-65 Road Head" or "Nashville Road Head"

Scott

I just asked Mike B. and he said that on the STR 416, pins 1 and 8 are internally connected, so yes you are right, no need to connect unless using EL-34.

thanks gts

scott

treedroppings said:
or 'Lassie' because it's a 'Collie' 8) i got a nice '91 mark 1 reissue myself , but that is a nice catch you've made :mrgreen:

thank you! funny, but I may never hear the end of it if i name her Lassie...

scott

Back