• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Beautiful Gibson SG '61 Reissue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaughtLikeFire

Reaction score
2004 model. Had her since new but rarely play her. Now that I've moved, I don't have room for all my guitars and she has to go.

Here are the details:
Buzz Feiten tuning system
Gibson Angus Young Signature pickup in bridge, '57 Classic in neck
Tonepros locking bridge/tailpiece
Original hard shell case w/ shroud

the mods are 99% invisible. There is a very small clearcoat chip where the bone nut was installed for the Buzz Feiten setup (right where the nut meets the neck, visible from the left side if you look very close). The AY pickup and Tonepros bridge match the factory parts perfectly.

there are some very small pressure marks on the body (not visible in pics - can't get them to show up) and the typical pickguard scratches, but no major blemishes. Fret wear is practically nonexistent - you can see that it's barely been played. This really is a beautiful guitar. I worked at Guitar Center and this SG came with better fit and finish from the factory than any of the SGs we received over a 9 month period. this is one of the "good ones" from the Nashville factory for sure.

$1250 shipped takes her home 8) These are going for $1900 currently so if you've been thinking about an SG, jump on this one! Guitar is currently located in the MD/DC/VA area.

I now have better pics than what I had a few months ago - check out my Photobucket site (SG pics are right below the Strat).

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Caughtlikefire/

P1010477.jpg

SG is going up on Ebay this week if there aren't any takers.

teejay said:
Final Bump. Now on eBay and getting lots of interest and questions. Get it now before the auction ends. You will not be disappointed !
Here are some more pics:

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e249/mailman39/SGLP%20Historic%20Reissus/

Thanks, TJ

got the wrong SG thread, TJ

leave me and my 61 RI alone :lol: Nobody wants your overpriced Historic model :lol:

Latest posts

Back