Beam Blocker on Simul-Satellite

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamer95USA

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I installed a Weber Beam Blocker on my Simul-Satellite combo amp last night before I started performing with my Top 40 band. I love the sound of the Beam Blockers!!! My amp has the EV12L speaker which can be quite bright at times, I can now turn it up and listen to it from different angles. I don't have to worry about nailing the audience with a bright sounding EV speaker in their face and save my hearing as well. Is there anybody on this messageboard using the Weber Beam Blockers because of the brightness of the EV12L speaker?

Guitar George

I use home made beam blockers on all my speakers in all my cabs and most of my combos... about 2 dozen. Couldn't do that is I had to buy them. Make them yourself cost less the $2 each.

What do you meake them out of? Do they install on the inside of the grill?
Thanks
DC

Sheet aluminum I buy at Home depot and the dome from a speaker called a dust shield same thing Weber uses. You can get the domes at Parts Express for less then a buck each. I cut the shape out like Weber on a band saw and glue on the dome paint the flat side front black and install between the speaker and the cab so they work best on rear loaded cabs. :wink:

Very cool - I was looking into buying one from Weber. So, do you use poly or paper? Did you go with 4" or 5"?

Thanks, Dave

I used the 4" paper but they actually measure slightly less as I turned the outer edge which comes bent to wrap around the aluminum. I used to use 4.5" flat ones they might have been too much and the domed ones blend the highs back in better then the flat ones do so 5" domed ones might not be too much. I was testing some 4x12 speakers cabs last night. Comparing the ones I am keeping to the ones I am selling and those I am keeping had beam blockers installed and the others didn't and it did make a noticeable difference. I could move from side to side with the blocked speakers and the sound was very consistent while doing that with the unblocked ones and the sound would change drastically from very bright and strident to kind of dull.

Man they were hard to find. I bought 24 so they were less then a buck a piece.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=260-379

Latest posts

Back