BBE Supa Charger vs T Rex Fuel Tank

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crisis

Reaction score
I currently have in my sights either a BBE Supa Charger or a T Rex Fuel Tank. The BBE is cheaper and has two 12v outlets which are perfect for my two TC Nova pedals as well as 9v outlets for my other pedals. Ultimately the pedal board will consist of an Ibanez Weeping Demon wah, two TC novas, a tuner, possibly two Eqs, a Digi Bad Monkey, a MXR boost pedal and an OCD.
I am pretty much sold on the Supa Charger. Does anyone here have any good or bad things to say about either?

I currently have in my sights either a BBE Supa Charger or a T Rex Fuel Tank

I looked extensively at power supplies for my board- BBE Supacharger, Fuel tank classic and Juicy Lucy, Voodoo lab Pedal Power II plus, and the MKS Power Pad.
In the end, I bought a Voodoo lab PP2+. In nearly every measurable catagory, the PP2 won me over. For your set-up, you could run both novas in outputs 5 and 6 (with the toggles switched away from normal). The best part of the PP2 is that EACH output is isolated, you can combine 2 9v to power an 18v, daisy chain an output to power a large amount of stomps, plus, it has a courtesy AC outlet as well.

Laskyman

Laskyman said:
I currently have in my sights either a BBE Supa Charger or a T Rex Fuel Tank

I looked extensively at power supplies for my board- BBE Supacharger, Fuel tank classic and Juicy Lucy, Voodoo lab Pedal Power II plus, and the MKS Power Pad.
In the end, I bought a Voodoo lab PP2+. In nearly every measurable catagory, the PP2 won me over. For your set-up, you could run both novas in outputs 5 and 6 (with the toggles switched away from normal). The best part of the PP2 is that EACH output is isolated, you can combine 2 9v to power an 18v, daisy chain an output to power a large amount of stomps, plus, it has a courtesy AC outlet as well.

Laskyman

I agree!

I run 3 Nova pedals, and all of my other pedals can run on 12V fine, so I use a Fueltank Juicy Lucy. It's excellent - isolated outs, lots of power, looks cool, sturdy, and one very important aspect over the pedal powers - it has a voltage selector for use in different countries.

It was the Voodoo or the BBE Supa Charger. I got the Supar Charger. It has everything the Voodoo has except the sage function. Its cheaper too.

Back