Badlander and the EVM 12L

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarebitusa

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Curious who has run their Badlanders with an EVM 1x12? Just spent a weekend tweaking in a BAD 50W with a Thiele EVM and dang if that wasn't floating my boat big time. Have always been a bigtime Mark - EVM fanboy and this Thiele is most excellent with either the V:90 or the IIC+, but find the EVM doesn't jive with every amp by itself. I was a pleasantly surprised as it's pretty excellent with the BAD and allows running a compact physical rig.

I have an EV loaded cab but do not remember if I tried the BAD100 through it as the only cab. I did try to pair it with one of the boogie 410 cabs though. Made the EV sound very bright after raising it off of the floor but could have been the combined character with that and the 410 cab. I will have to run the bad with just the EV cab and see how it compares to the V212. The Boogie 410 was ok, sounded much better with the JP2C than any of the other amps I tried with it.

20231229_095646.jpg

I have an EV loaded cab but do not remember if I tried the BAD100 through it as the only cab. I did try to pair it with one of the boogie 410 cabs though. Made the EV sound very bright after raising it off of the floor but could have been the combined character with that and the 410 cab. I will have to run the bad with just the EV cab and see how it compares to the V212. The Boogie 410 was ok, sounded much better with the JP2C than any of the other amps I tried with it.

View attachment 4501
Yea I'd be interested in that BAD take with just an EVM. Mine was on the floor, apologize for the crappy pic but you get the idea đź«Ł
bad_evm_thiele.jpg

Back