Bad Trade on a Tremoverb - HELP!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
94Tremoverb said:
You just have to realise that the Tremoverb is now a vintage amp - even at only ten years old for the youngest ones. A lot of people complain about vintage amps for being unreliable and always needing things fixed, but it isn't really true - if you have them properly overhauled, they can be just as reliable as new amps.

And these things can last in great condition all depending on how they are looked after, I have known players that can buy new gear that ends up looking 20 years old in only 2 or 3 years of use, all because they are hopelessly terrible at taking good care of things, guess it depends on whether people really appreciate good equipment or not.

Yeah man. TOVs are a classic as far as I am concerned. I still have mine from '96 and I bought it new in the store. It's still to this day my main amp. It'll never go out of style to me. :)

Yea, I am enjoying the amp so far. Sounds really great no matter what mode I play it in!

I am just not sure if I am in the honeymoon period or if it is really for me. My Electra Dyne is still my main #1 amp.

Haha, keep the tremoverb. What you have there is a cure for gas. It is like having strawberry and double chocolate icecream. When you get bored of one flavour, just go grab the other!! I'm envious, I'd love to have a recto and a dyne but being a student, I am just thankful to have the quality of gear I do. (Most people have crap)

94Tremoverb said:
You just have to realise that the Tremoverb is now a vintage amp - even at only ten years old for the youngest ones. A lot of people complain about vintage amps for being unreliable and always needing things fixed, but it isn't really true - if you have them properly overhauled, they can be just as reliable as new amps. The good news is that the Tremoverb is probably also a vintage amp now for the other reason, which is that they will begin to go up in value (as well as sounding great). It makes no difference to me because I'll almost certainly never sell it, but it's nice to think that we probably have the MkIIC of the future... if perhaps not quite the '59 Bassman.

I guess my 93' Dual Recto is also 'vintage' although it is the garden variety version. I still can't believe my one friend had a tremoverb and unloaded it for a Top Hat plexi copy. He hardly ever plays electric now. I guess I'm just thinking that one day soon, my Recto will need a full overhaul. Definitely want to take care of it.

Incidentally, in regards to our discussion about bass gear, I plugged my bass into my dual and into the ashdown 210 yesterday for the first time in awhile. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** it sounds good! =-o Just gotta EQ it correctly!

fluff191 said:
vitor gracie said:
...off topic-Um, Ryan... (Fluff191) your music is amazing bro. Seriously. Your tone kinda sorta reminds me of an older Milwaukee/Madison band that I used to be crazy about. Band's name is Coalesce.

Hey thanks man!!

Never heard of Coalesce before but I like them ALOT!! Thanks for that! And Periphery is good stuff. My buddy almost played drums for them but didnt want to move across the country for no pay. You should check out a guy under the name Cloudkicker. You will dig his stuff if you like Periphery.

Ya, I love your tone and your music. I actually 'borrowed' the riff from that sound test you did for a composition I am working on. You probably wouldn't know it though, since I modify things so much. =-p

Latest posts

Back