Bad shipment of mesa tubes.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan28

Reaction score
Hey guys I posted a topic about my amp blowing the same preamp tube. Finally found out what the problem was. Mesa received a bad shipment of tubes, the glass was thinner on these particular tubes which was causing them to go bad and even crack in some cases. They are sending me all new tubes thanks mesa.

Well, It sucks to get bad tubes, but at least they're fixing it. That'll be good to get all new tubes. Hope these work out better for you!

-AJH

Unfortunately no, they had me read the serial number to them and they knew. I had one crack in half, the others just frosted.

That is excellent that they are going to replace them for you.

I'm not suprised. I have always had trouble with mesa tubes, which is why I never buy tubes from them.

macaddict said:
I'm not suprised. I have always had trouble with mesa tubes, which is why I never buy tubes from them.
Ditto, I've never seen any amp maker with as many tube problems as Mesa. I like their amps but you couldn't give me a set of Mesa tubes. My problems have all been with their power tubes but it looks like their preamp tubes are also bad. Last year when my new 50/50 was eating power tubes (nothing wrong with the amp) I took it to a certified Mesa tech for a check up and was told by the shop owner that he had a 50% return rate on Mesa tubes. After blowing eight Mesa tubes in a row I decided to hell with the warranty and retubed with JJ's and haven't had a single problem since. I had a very similar experience with My Mk IV when it was new in 2000.

nathan28 said:
Well I got my new tubes today and mesa was kind enough to include a long sleeve boogie t-shirt. Pretty cool.
What's the shirt for? to put on your hands when you have to change those tubes out in the middle of a gig cause they are bad too? hee hee sorry couldn't resist.

Latest posts

Back