BAD Boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinetree

Reaction score
So... I re-tubed the ol' Mk IV a few weeks ago, and ordered a Weber speaker just to see what the big deal was all about.

Today, when I took apart the amp, I was slightly dismayed to find one of the speaker mounting screws was snapped in half and jammed into the speaker frame... but imagine my surprise when I saw the word "BAD" marked on the inside of the cabinet.

I'm the original owner of this amp, and I custom ordered it "back in the day".

The folks at Mesa were kind enough to return my call, but the guy seemed at a loss as for an explanation.

Any ideas?

bad_boogie.jpg

Maybe it is the cabinet builder's initials.... :shock:

I am sure that they wouldn't have intentionally sent you a "BAD" cabinet.

That or maybe it was marked BAD for the screw and someone unintentionally overlooked that and shipped it to you anyway. :?

Maybe you could coax a nice fresh cabinet out of them just for the mistake. Afterall, it now has a reduced collectability. There is no way to replace the cabinet as it would have been so maybe you could get them to send you out a custom cabinet to your liking. I think those gatorskin cabs are pretty nice don't you?

Yeah, maybe a purple one :shock:

I've still got the little tagger, maybe it is the cabinet builders initials.

Webers are great. I use them in almost all of my amps.

What model did you get? Ted reccomended the Thames 80w, lightly doped for the Mark IV that I used to have. I still have the speaker and cabinet. My DC-5 will go into it this weekend.

I use a Ceramic Michigan - recommended by Weber to be closest to that EVM sound of the stock speaker that was long gone before I bought my IIc.

Got the ceramic Thames, moderate dpoing (I'm a Lead player)... sounds great, except for a little buzzing.

Hopefully I'll get that cleared up soon.

Much "warmer" sounding than the EV.

Back