Back to Mesa after a long journey with the digital world!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystic-Creations

Reaction score
Well sorta...lol.

My first tube amp was a Mesa F-50 with the same Vertical Recto Cab(140 Watt ver.) I use today. Sold the F-50 and got the Mark IVb in 07 and sold it a few years later, decided to give Fractal Audio a go with the Ultra and finally the Axe 2.

Fractal is doing some amazing things no question. I could get pretty **** close to my Mark IV and did a pretty good dual amp layout with a Mark IV and a Recto to get my old F-50 Crunch sound. "So what are you doing back here, you ask?" I walked into my local Long & McQuad's and noticed a curious Dual Rectifer with 50 watt switches. :)
Tried it out and was blown away. The amp in the room feel, the punch, the crunch and I only tweaked for about 15 minutes. (anyone who has used an Axe-Fx knows tweaking is gonna eat a good chunk of your practice time)

I couldn't believe it, after several years with Fractal, endless hours of tweaking amp, cab and hi lo cut filters
It was about to end and be replaced with a Mesa tone I have always loved but just felt it was too much amp.
The 50 watt tame the beast switches are amazing.

Just placed an order for a Dual Rectifer with black jute grill, first time GAS has got the best of me in a long time.

Can anyone relate? What was your experience? Please any multiwatt users, share any and all info, pics whatever, ive got a few weeks to wait, lol :).

Glad to be back!

I can relate! Well, sort of. I haven't really ventured into the digital world yet, but I have considered it. I just started an experiment trying to use an Orange OR15 instead of my Roadster. It sounds like a huge jump, but I really hate big, heavy, complicated amps and the OR15 seemed to have all the sounds I wanted, not to mention more efficient use of power. But after a while, I just could not make the clean sounds work for me with any of my guitars, so I have finally plugged the Roadster back in. It really is the ultimate amp, I just wish it wasn't so big and heavy and complicated...

Back