Back from the dead: R0050 pictures.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Botch said:
Boogiebabies said:
Botch said:
Thanks for that Boogiebabies! I always wondered. My tech said that it had been replaced for use in the Uk but i never knew much else about it. I don't know if it was originally shipped as new with it or if it was added later on. Would this affect the tone of the amp compared to an american RF 1C? Many thanks.

I ran some extensive filters on the PT photo. It appears to be a 561137 and has an EIA606-147. It was the exact export transformer for the DR and has a build date of November 1991. I would say it is original to the amp.

Wow, thanks for doing that Boogiebabies, that's great to know! GREATLY appreciated! :D

I appreciate the fact that you shared your incredibly rare amp with us.
It is the least I could do to attempt to verify it’s authenticity and welcome you to The RF-1C clan, Mine is a 6/92 RF-1C in the 230’s with the chrome chassis. He is called Lord Vader.

I wish you the best of luck.

Botch said:
Boogiebabies said:
Botch said:
Thanks for that Boogiebabies! I always wondered. My tech said that it had been replaced for use in the Uk but i never knew much else about it. I don't know if it was originally shipped as new with it or if it was added later on. Would this affect the tone of the amp compared to an american RF 1C? Many thanks.

I ran some extensive filters on the PT photo. It appears to be a 561137 and has an EIA606-147. It was the exact export transformer for the DR and has a build date of November 1991. I would say it is original to the amp.

Wow, thanks for doing that Boogiebabies, that's great to know! GREATLY appreciated! :D

It is the least I could do to attempt to verify it’s authenticity and welcome you to The RF-1C clan, Mine is a 6/92 RF-1C in the 230’s with the chrome chassis. He is called Lord Vader.

18&Life said:
please enlighten an electronics noob.
What those transformers do inside of an amp ?

The power transformer brings wall voltage 117V or 220v in the EU
and brings up the voltage to tube plate voltage (or half of that if you
are using a voltage doubler) on my amp this is about 360V.

Also there is another set of windings in the transformer that brings the
wall voltage down to tube filament voltage (thats the 12 and 6 in the
12ax7 or the 6 in the 6v6) The heavier the Transformer the larger the
heat sink the more power can be transferred through the transformer.

The Output transformer transforms the output of the power tubes
in the order of 1200 ohms or more down to speaker loads 4, 8, 16 ohms.
Again the heavier (more Steel) the transformer the more power handling
capability.

There are many ways of winding the windings inside the OP to
change the tone but these are under the heading BLACK MAGIC.

18&Life said:

18&Life said:

What a stupid question! Read the fucking manual!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...Oh wait, that's YOUR line, isn't it? :x

TheSon said:
Yeah but how much did anyone pay for their rev-c recto ???

$ 900 about two years ago and totally by accident. I ran through 6 two channels, 1 three channel and an RK 1. I just always wanted a chrome chassis, found one on G-Base and did not even ask the serial number.
So in retrospect, it was purely luck, but the tone is unmistakeable. I am grateful to have found it.

TheSon said:
Yeah but how much did anyone pay for their rev-c recto ???

For a chrome chassis/Blackdiamond plate, the going rate is near 2k on ebay. The standard version goes for a little less. Goodluck!

Boogiebabies said:
Botch said:
Boogiebabies said:

Thanks and no problems, I thought my amp would be of interest to the many enthusiasts on here. Once again, thanks for the info! Awesome name btw, I should think of one equally as good for mine. At the moment I just refer to my setup as The Rig of Death! lol

Hey nice, and congrats on getting it working right. I am behind most of you in playing guitar, but I understand getting an amp you have always wanted and add to that the desire for beautiful tone, when the two come together it's a beautiful thing.
Burnie

Back