Attenuator With My DC-10 - Great Results!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ Slaughter

Reaction score
Love my DC-10, even at lower volumes, but it shines with the masters cranked enough, mine are around 5-6, to drive the power tubes. I did not want to add another device to my setup and was very reluctant to add an attenuator to my setup and the thought of paying $300+ for a decent one made me cringe.

Short story, I found this guy on ebay selling attenuators cheap, $130, who is getting great reviews on Harmony Central so I took a chance. I can't believe I waited so long to do this. The tone is so nice and I can use it at rehearsals and gigs without blowing anyone's head off. There are a lot of complaints about attenuators making your amp sound mushy or lifeless at "bedroom levels" but I think all attenuators are going to do that. Used properly, little to moderate attenuation, they really do work great.

I just wanted to share with anyone who is reluctant to use an attenuator on their DC or any other high power amp so you might try it. And at $130 it's not such a hit. Guy's name is James Sanders and his attenuator is called the Tube Cube. www.thetubecube.com It is not as pretty as mass produced ones and the box is nothing special but it works great and has features that many others don't have. I used it for about half an hour with moderate attenuation and the box didn't get hot.

No, I don't get a commission though it would be nice! :D

Latest posts

Back