Are Quads mostly for metal players?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have 4 channels, 4 levels of gain, so you can use them fore a lot of music styles if you like the Boogie tone !

Pretty much like a dead cow... :mrgreen:
I don't exactly know their weigh, but it less than their size let you think.
I'll let you know if I extract mine from his rack.

A Quad can be used for alot of tones. The gain stage is just so awesome that's once you dialed in you get stuck on that for a long time and mostly its the Metallica kind of gain.

The weight is less than a 100 watt tube head.

I think its very versatile, a lot of people hear IIc and automatically think Metalica but its always spitting out new tones. They're really not that heavy, id say between 10-15lbs at the most. I had it tucked under my arm walking from my car recently and it was like carrying a few books.

I've been getting some really juicy, fat lead tones out of my Quad that have nothing to do with Metallica or Petrucci. I haven't played around much with the cleans, but the number of different tones you can get out of the Quad seems staggering. The sensitivity and interactiveness of the controls means that radically different sounds are available. Of course, dialing them in is not that easy at first...

Latest posts

Back