anyone use both single coils and H-buckers with their LSS ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeemo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Boy am I glad to have the amp working without that ringing
As the signature says, I use mainly a LP Classic and a Mexi-strat w/ lace sensors.
has anyone found good settings on the lonestar special where they dont have to tweak the amp if they change guitars during a set ?
Kind of a 'happy medium' setting where you get nice tone with both guitars with the same settings ?

I am into rock-type-blues-type-classic rock-Warrren Haynes-ee type of a sound.....
Not too much gain.... but just enough to dirty it up a little - feedback-ee harmonics- sustain-ee type stuff

I know on the F30 I have to tweak it because when I am using the strat, the paul sounds a bit muddy.... and when I am using the paul, the strat sounds a bit brittle. (when I swap guitars with the same amp settings that is)

Just curious...

Thanks for any responses.

Zeemo

I have the LSS and a Mark IV. I find that I have to re-set the controls on both amps no matter what I am playing as the amps (thankfully) are so reactive that the sounds coming even from my two Strats (one with Lace and the other with noiseless) are different.

I would think that it would be virtually impossible to find one setting that would maximize the sound of a single coil and a humbucker. Like I said, I can tell the differences between the single coils and even the difference between the setup for the Strat and my Tele.

The great news is that all can sound pretty good with a little tweaking. Mostly it is just having an understanding of what the characteristics of the pickup are and accounting for that in the tone/volume settings.

I have a LSS 2x12 combo and my main guitars are a PRS Custom22 with a SH1-59 in the bridge and SH-2n in the neck and a Fender 70's Reissue strat with an all maple neck with a set of Kinman Woodstock regular pickups in it and i dont have to tweak the amp at all. I play in a cover band where I have to cover many types of music and I never touch the amp all night except for when i have to tweak the volume.

Well I found a setting with the Les Paul, that is probably pretty close to what will end up being a often used (regular) setting.
so then I plugged in the strat without changing anything on the amp and it was pretty good. Maybe it's the lace sensors, they aren't as 'sharp' as stock strat pickups, actually the Paul had a bit more 'bite' seemed to be more 'brittle' sounding, but so far so good, I'm sure I'll be able to find a nice setting that will work for both.
If anyone is interested I'll post my settings once I get a little closer to a (semi) final decision (nothing is really ever 'final') :wink:

Sabu, I looked at your settings posted and tried them but couldn't try them at decent volume (everyone sleeping) :) Practice isn't till Thursday.

Kinger, what are your channel setings? what are some of covers your are doing. (style) :?:

Mountain, I understand that one setting will be a compromise, I suppose I'm shooting for the least amount of compromise :wink:

Thanks for the responses so far.

Back