anyone use a compressor?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
I use a T Rex Compnova in front of my Mk1 Re-issue. It's really transparent and gives a nice sort of chime to your cleans. It gives a nice musical sustain when I use it with my Keeley TS9 on lead bits and bobs. It does a pretty good Nile Rodgers on the Chic stuff too. I now leave it on most of the time, when I switch it off it seems a bit of magic has disappeared. Worth a try if you are looking for a subtle comp with a bit of quality.

I've been using a rack mount Rockman Compressor/Sustainor since the early 80's......used to be in a Boston tribute band......can't beat the gear....all that "blue face" stuff is built like a rock.......

zepp, just got my behringer comp/sustainer today and it sounds great though my classic 30 with both single coils and humbuckers. will try with my mk4 soon too. cannot believe these pedals are below $20 with free shipping at music123.com - i do not work for either company ;)

I use a ross compressor, the grey one.

Over the last couple years, I have used the Carl Martin, CP-9, Dyna Comp, DynaRoss, Keeley, and Marshall Ed, but the old Ross works for me better. I think the Keeley sounded pretty close to it, but with a bit less compression on the treble end.

I use a EH Blackfinger tube compressor. Set for a touch of clean gain and mild compression adds something to either the gain or clean channel. Only down side is the large size and 120ac required.

117891.jpg

Latest posts

Back