Anyone try a 5751 in a MKIV ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey does 0 treble make sense, on channel 2? I turned the treble off, on channel 2, and it sounds good. I'm 5 pulled on the gain and 3 on bass, 2 on mids and 2 on the presence(not pulled) I think I need to take some time off, my ears are ringing, like crazy. let me know if this can make sense. I'm starting to think something is wrong with the amp, to have so much treble with it off. Going nuts! Thanks

On Mark series amps, the Treble is the most powerfull knob, the more you set it high, the more you add gain in your sound, but then you've got less bass and middle too, if you want your sound to have more Body, set the High lower and the Bass will become more proeminent (with less gain also) !
I don't know if your sound is achieved with or without the EQ, but the Treble set at 0 seems a bit strange for me to achieve good tones !
Set at 0, plus, with the Presence not pulled (and the Middle at 2) should make your sound very muddy without any dynamics, but if it works for you, don't worry, it's a matter of tastes and not a matter of Good Settings !

Back