Anyone here like crunch mode cranked better than IIc+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t2mike2

Reaction score
Its funny cuz the MK5's killer app is the IIc+, but im finding i like crunch mode cranked up all the way better, its tighter crunchier more focused , like my old vht. Just barely enough gain too, so things stay real clear. Loving that.
~mike~

t2mike2 said:
Its funny cuz the MK5's killer app is the IIc+, but im finding i like crunch mode cranked up all the way better, its tighter crunchier more focused , like my old vht. Just barely enough gain too, so things stay real clear. Loving that.
~mike~

I find it's similar to the 'Modern' mode on the Roadking; bold punch/crunch with clarity.

MeZa 8)

yeah thats what i like about it more, i can hear every note very very clearly.
~Mike~

t2mike2 said:
~mike~

I'm using my crunch mode at about 2 o'clock, and with a my Lawrence L500 loaded guitar, I'm able to do chords clean or crunchy depending on my pickup attack and pickup selection. Playing just right, I can make the transition from channel 1 to channel 2 almost transparently and get the drive going *after* I've already switched channels. I'm really happy with this, because neither of my previous boogies could do this very well at all. FWIW, my other amps are all non-master volume.

I can also do clean/dirty with pick attack on single note leads in IIC+ mode, which is also satisfying. I find it almost impossible to pull off viable touch control with Mark I mode though, which is a little disappointing, but I'm sure if I tried this out with lower impedance pickups I'd be in the ballpark.

FWIW, I play all kinds of music - from lounge jazz to country to indy screamo to death metal. This is by far the most versatile amp I've ever laid hands on. Now I'm just trying to decide how much I shrink my pedalboard. Do I keep the wah I only use for a few tunes? Do I keep the overdrive pedals for gigs with a shared backline? I'm really thinking of just keeping the TC Nova System and an expression pedal, for the sake of the "one-trip rig".

Sorry, bit of a ramble there.

Dave

Latest posts

Back