Anyone have pricing info on the Express?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
25 watt Short Head - $999
25 Watt 1x10 Combo - $1049
50 Watt Medium Head - $1149
50 Watt Long Head - $1149
50 Watt 1x12 - $1199
50 Watt 2x12 - $1299

strumminsix said:
Too bad the price is so high.... I'd love to play with one!
I suppose it depends on what you're used to. :)

For Mesa, and the features on the Express, these prices are more than fair IMO. If the tone is there just like my F-100 2x12 combo, I can easily see the switch happening to an Express 5:50 head.

hal9000 said:
strumminsix said:

For Mesa, and the features on the Express, these prices are more than fair IMO. If the tone is there just like my F-100 2x12 combo, I can easily see the switch happening to an Express 5:50 head.

Ow I didn't say the price wasn't fair I believe it is. Just too high for me to buy if I really liked it considering all the other gear I've got!

strumminsix said:
hal9000 said:
strumminsix said:

Ow I didn't say the price wasn't fair I believe it is. Just too high for me to buy if I really liked it considering all the other gear I've got!
Yeah, there are lots of amps where I have the same problem. :) Like I said though if the tone is there, I'd be willing to part with my custom F-100 2x12 combo.

I heard that the amps were based on the F-series as far as voicing. With the extra features at the same price point as an F-50, I'm really interested to try out both of those amps and see which one I like. I have an F-50, but never did like the reverb. I'd like to hear what the 550 sounds like. The 5 watt class A and the contour features on both channels are just added bonuses that I think are very attractive!! I think that the Mesa is providing a lot more functionality and value on these amps at the same price point as the F-series.

This just might be the amp that could get me to part with my F-50. I've got to find out when the first ones will be hitting the stores. Oh, and work on fixing my financial trainwreck! I'm gettin' gas with no fuel! HAHAHA!

What the heck is an Express?
Nevermind, I found the answer about 2 threads down.

Brewski said:
I heard that the amps were based on the F-series as far as voicing.

Not entirely true......I just spoke to Mike Taylor at MB and asked the same question, and he said not really they have their own voice.....the only relationship to the F Series is in that of it's basic layout.....etc.

So hopefully the voicing is an improvement -- not that the F series needed it.

Not entirely true......I just spoke to Mike Taylor at MB and asked the same question, and he said not really they have their own voice.....the only relationship to the F Series is in that of it's basic layout.....etc.

So hopefully the voicing is an improvement -- not that the F series needed it.

Hey JAZZGEAR, That's good info. Now I'm really curious about them. The F-50 has such a great clean sound. I wonder what the actual differences will be. From the description on the Mesa site they seem to cover a very broad pallet of tones. It'll probably be a while before they actually start shipping.

Latest posts

Back