Anyone have pictures of reverb tank mounting in a Mark head?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CitizenCain

Reaction score
I picked up a head cab for my Mk I reissue combo. I'd like to see some detailed shots (any shots actually) of how the reverb tank is mounted.

Anyone have some to share?

Thanks!

I know it’s not the same but I have a long chassis Mark IV head, the reverb tank is just mounted on the bottom of the head.
The head is empty right now (the reverb tank is still mounted) if you would like I’ll go down to my storage and shoot some pictures. Just let me know I’ll do it today.
John

6L6C said:
I know it’s not the same but I have a long chassis Mark IV head, the reverb tank is just mounted on the bottom of the head.
The head is empty right now (the reverb tank is still mounted) if you would like I’ll go down to my storage and shoot some pictures. Just let me know I’ll do it today.
John

Hey, that'd be great if you would. The thing is, I can only spot one screw hole in the bottom of the head case. Shouldn't there be 4 of them? Plus, I'd like to see the rubber bushings used. I don't have any and wondered if I could just sub anything else that dampens the mount.

Thanks!

Hi
Here are the photos hope they help, I was wrong how the tank was mounted as you can see (cut away at the bottom), I guess to make room for the fan.
The photos are over kill in size but I figure you may want to study something a little closer.

I have a few more if you want so just let me know but I think these show what is going on.
PC150339.jpg

PC150340.jpg

PC150341.jpg

PC150342.jpg

PC150343.jpg

PC150344.jpg

PC150345.jpg

PC150346.jpg

PC150348.jpg

No problem my storage place is only 4 blocks away from my house.

If you are wondering why I have that cabinet. When I got my Mark IV in 93 that is how it came, a few years ago I got it in my head to get the combo cabinet. Oh well up to the present I want to get a 2x12 close back (I miss my close back sound but the 4x12 is killer to drag around) and the chassis will be going back to a head again. I just got a cap job done to the amp just last week and dam it sounds amazing! The tubes where fairly new so did not change them. I still can’t get over the sound difference. So I’m hoping to have everything in place by the end of February.

6L6C said:

If you are wondering why I have that cabinet. When I got my Mark IV in 93 that is how it came, a few years ago I got it in my head to get the combo cabinet. Oh well up to the present I want to get a 2x12 close back (I miss my close back sound but the 4x12 is killer to drag around) and the chassis will be going back to a head again. I just got a cap job done to the amp just last week and dam it sounds amazing! The tubes where fairly new so did not change them. I still can’t get over the sound difference. So I’m hoping to have everything in place by the end of February.

Hello 6L6C,

I've got a 92 Mark IV A short head which sounds great as is.

How was your sound before you got the cap job? Which caps did you end up having changed and how expensive was that?

Just curious.

Thanks in advance for your attention to this matter,

Michel

michelj said:
6L6C said:

Hello 6L6C,

I've got a 92 Mark IV A short head which sounds great as is.

How was your sound before you got the cap job? Which caps did you end up having changed and how expensive was that?

Just curious.

Thanks in advance for your attention to this matter,

Michel
Hi Michel
As far as my amp it was performing perfect, no pops ghost notes or anything like that. But I was aware that caps do go bad and I have seen what a mess they make if they decide to explode. So I put out a thread to find out what other people think.
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=8231&highlight=
You will not believe the difference! Sounds like a different amp and like I stated same tubes. In the above thread pay attention to “Stokes”.
I got it done for $150 with parts, 7 or 8 electrolytic caps and they were “formed” (
You will read about that in the thread)

BTW when the amp was done my old caps showed no signs of leaking. The tech that did the amp did not care for the caps that Mesa uses (not the worst but not the best).
The amp just sounds incredible! As I was told after years of caps degrading you just get use to it
John

thanks for your response John,

it sure sounds like a wise investment and not too expensive.

I'm going to look into it.

Michel

Latest posts

Back