• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Anyone have a DC-10 head for sale?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosajwp

Reaction score
I'm specifically looking to buy the version with the 60/100 watt switch. Also needs to be in excellent condition. Bonus points for the 2 button footswitch and a Mesa embroidered slip cover.

Just posted yesterday.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2043950

hope it works for you.

Thanks guys. I've already contacted him, but he's not interested in trading for my Heartbreaker. If it's in really nice shape, I may just buy it and then post the Heartbreaker up for sale here (Monsta would get first dibs!!!).

I'd even consider trading the Heartbreaker head I got from Monsta-Tone for one. He modded channel 2 slightly to be almost identical to a JCM 800 preamp (only changed a few components).

I have the 100w version for sale if you're at all interested. DC-10's are getting harder and harder to find, so I might hold onto it.

Let me know if you're interested.

No it doesn't, this is the earlier version.

I don't know much about the cutoff switch. Some amps dampen the signal for the 60w, and some literally turn off two tubes.

The roadster has 50w and 100w toggles for each channel, but the tonal difference is only a matter of personal preference. The 100w kicks in the warm tube sound and has better pick attack, the 50w sounds a little thinner to me. I've been using both for recording, and they both sound Mesa quality, of course haha.

Whatever DC-10 you get, you won't be disappointed. I could use the money, but it's just as much worth to me keeping and sitting in the closet as it is selling it. I love that head, but I also put a TS-808 infront of everything, even the roadster.

Just add the switch.

All it does is break a connection between the Cathodes (Pin 8) of the middle pair of tubes.

When in 100 watt mode: The Cathodes are tied to Ground and these tubes are on.
When in the 50 watt mode: The Cathodes are floating and no current will flow through the tubes, thus they are off.

Seems like the ones with the 50/100 are even harder to find.

Hey Jason,

You could pick this up: http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-DC-10-2x12-combo-amp_W0QQitemZ180273629890QQihZ008QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and simply swap chassis with the Heartbreaker I sold you. Then you would have a Heartbreaker combo and a DC-10 head.

Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back