Anyone got their JP2C Yet In The UK?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nitefly said:
Wasn't lying - just got home at 11:19pm!!

Delivery scheduled for tomorrow 8)

Nice one, let me know how you get on. You'll be playing thru it before me no doubt!

With any luck it'll be here in the morning! Fingers crossed its survived shipping etc - so excited.

I'll post unwrap pics etc tommorrow together with impressions :)

Just got my 1 hour delivery slot from DPD 1130am-1230pm. Shame I have to wait till tonight before I can plug in.

Just while we are waiting guys, what do you think is fair 2nd hand price over here in the UK for a Mark V Head? I've not had it that long either about 4 months.

It's here!!! Going to plug it in shortly - first thoughts:

The 2x12 vertical cab is insane! It's enoutmous - lol where will it go...

The box of the JP2C ands it's tag says it has a serial number in the 400s, woo, but I can't find anything confirming that on the head itself...?

It didn't come with a manual / hard copy manual - I know this is online. Interesting to see if anyone else gets one!

Tubes are yellows.

Also, it didn't come with the 'made in Murcia' tag you normally see.

Will update you this evening with pics!!!

Mine has turned up as well! I can't open it till later unfortunately but will report back when I have.

Geez, I'm excited as you guys and I already have mine. Hope you guys love it like I do.

Right - as promised, here's a piccy! :p

ZHzXFvB.jpg

The impression I have, from an hour of playing, is that the distortion is so thick yet so... 'tight'. There is very little mush. I have previous tried to overcome this by putting a tubescreamer in front of other amps to drive them (on top of a lower amount of amp gain) but this just seems to do it automatically.

Also, the bass from the cab is extraordinary, as are the bass notes! The low E has never sounded so good 8) Power chords are full on god mode, for sure.

Edited out some gripes - revisiting the manual and will comment later :)

What speakers are in that Cabinet? I have 2 1X12 Widebody's with C90's in them - but was thinking of either getting a 4X12 or 2X12 with v30's.

nitefly said:
The box of the JP2C ands it's tag says it has a serial number in the 400s, woo, but I can't find anything confirming that on the head itself...?
The serial number is behind the power tubes, right in the middle, stuck on the chassis.

Hi guys,

After spending a little time with the JP2C last night all I can say is Wow! I love this amp. It only took me about 20 mins to dial in my sounds at first, I was quite impressed. Clean channel is just as I like it very clean with no break up's I have the axe fx 2 running thru the fx loop and various effects sound awesome but I love my chorus the most. Just a beautiful and pristine sound.

Chan 2 was incredibly easy to dial in I have EQ 1 on and the gain pot pulled, it sounds awesome! My thoughts as well thick sounding but tight and no mush at all. Very articulate. You can definitely nail those Master Of Puppets tones.

Chan 3 is set pretty much the same as chan 2, I have EQ 1 on as I haven't experimented with EQ 2 yet. Gain pot is pulled as well. I have the gain set slightly higher to give some more sustain. Sounds really good with the delay and compressor coming from the Axe Fx 2.

I did have a slight go with the shred feature and man does that thing sound fat. You definitely hear those lower notes coming thru. i think the icing on the cake is the midi capability its just seamless. I use an RJM Mastermind GT with my axe setup and going in and editing patches and IA's was a breeze. I just unplugged one midi cable from the axe that was going to my rack gizmo and just plugged another midi cable for the axe's to the JP2C's midi in and all work great. Just a heads up on the JP2C the midi rotary dial is offset so if you want midi channel 2 you have to set the dial to position 1. Its all explained in the manual but I thought I'd mention it.

I have but one thing that I'm not happy with and this is gonna sound really stupid but I usually plug my amp's into my power conditioner so everything is protected. I took the supplied mains cable out of the JP and then struggled to get my other mains cable in due to the transformer being in the way and I managed to cut my finger in the process. The IEC plug is sat back a fair way so I'd watch that guys when setting up at gigs. if you have slighty big hands you might struggle getting the IEC plug in there at first. I have one plugged in permanently now and just tuck it in the back of the amp.

Apart from that my first impressions are I'm really happy with JP2C, great sounds, great functionabllity all in one package. It's also around the same size of the Mark V35, in fact the 35 is slightly bigger. I have now decided to sell off my Mark V head as I feel I have everything I need in the JP2C. I'm sure that will change next week again lol.

Off to do some more experimenting!

Cheers guys

Paul

paulg2uk said:
Hi guys,

After spending a little time with the JP2C last night all I can say is Wow! I love this amp. It only took me about 20 mins to dial in my sounds at first, I was quite impressed. Clean channel is just as I like it very clean with no break up's I have the axe fx 2 running thru the fx loop and various effects sound awesome but I love my chorus the most. Just a beautiful and pristine sound.

Chan 2 was incredibly easy to dial in I have EQ 1 on and the gain pot pulled, it sounds awesome! My thoughts as well thick sounding but tight and no mush at all. Very articulate. You can definitely nail those Master Of Puppets tones.

Chan 3 is set pretty much the same as chan 2, I have EQ 1 on as I haven't experimented with EQ 2 yet. Gain pot is pulled as well. I have the gain set slightly higher to give some more sustain. Sounds really good with the delay and compressor coming from the Axe Fx 2.

I did have a slight go with the shred feature and man does that thing sound fat. You definitely hear those lower notes coming thru. i think the icing on the cake is the midi capability its just seamless. I use an RJM Mastermind GT with my axe setup and going in and editing patches and IA's was a breeze. I just unplugged one midi cable from the axe that was going to my rack gizmo and just plugged another midi cable for the axe's to the JP2C's midi in and all work great. Just a heads up on the JP2C the midi rotary dial is offset so if you want midi channel 2 you have to set the dial to position 1. Its all explained in the manual but I thought I'd mention it.

I have but one thing that I'm not happy with and this is gonna sound really stupid but I usually plug my amp's into my power conditioner so everything is protected. I took the supplied mains cable out of the JP and then struggled to get my other mains cable in due to the transformer being in the way and I managed to cut my finger in the process. The IEC plug is sat back a fair way so I'd watch that guys when setting up at gigs. if you have slighty big hands you might struggle getting the IEC plug in there at first. I have one plugged in permanently now and just tuck it in the back of the amp.

Apart from that my first impressions are I'm really happy with JP2C, great sounds, great functionabllity all in one package. It's also around the same size of the Mark V35, in fact the 35 is slightly bigger. I have now decided to sell off my Mark V head as I feel I have everything I need in the JP2C. I'm sure that will change next week again lol.

Cheers guys

Paul

I'm going on week 3 and still think I've found "my" amp. I had the same issue with the power cord - thought I was going to get slick and disconnect it during travel to rehearsal. Took me almost 10 minutes to plug that sucker back in. It's my one pet peeve on the Mark V and now the JP-2C (not sure about other Mesa heads) - the placement of the power. I never want to unplug it because it's so hard to get back in and there isn't really any good spot to tuck the cord away - so always ends up getting in the way when transporting it.

Glad you like your JP-2C - I think it's a killer amp.

sheehanje said:
paulg2uk said:
Hi guys,

Cheers guys

Paul

I'm going on week 3 and still think I've found "my" amp. I had the same issue with the power cord - thought I was going to get slick and disconnect it during travel to rehearsal. Took me almost 10 minutes to plug that sucker back in. It's my one pet peeve on the Mark V and now the JP-2C (not sure about other Mesa heads) - the placement of the power. I never want to unplug it because it's so hard to get back in and there isn't really any good spot to tuck the cord away - so always ends up getting in the way when transporting it.

Glad you like your JP-2C - I think it's a killer amp.

Thanks mate, I'm lovin' it so much. The plug socket on the mark v is pretty accessible I thought but its that **** transformer on the JP, it's just so big. Plus they've set it back further than normal. I don't think they spotted that which is unusual for Boogie. JP uses the the rack mounts doesn't he? so its probably easier to plug in, plus they are in his rack so they stay plugged in as well.

I had the same problem with a couple other amps from different manufacturers.

I plugged in a short IEC female-male "tail" that just reaches flush with the back of the amp in question, and lets me add a regular mains cable without the barking my knuckles+swearing every time.

Latest posts

Back