Anyone gone the B.Y.O.C route?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicbox

Reaction score
I just ordered up a fuzz face clone from Build Your Own Clone. Came to about 100 bucks canadian shipped, and it should keep my occupied for a few days if not weeks. Theres step by step instructions , excellent parts, and tons of room for modification(the forum contains alot of diagrams on how to do the mods, its almost too easy!) Anyway, has anyone else done one of these kits? If it goes well, I might sell off a few pedals just to build them again...

I recently built a triboost. It was a fairly enjoyable experience and the pedal works quite well. I spent more time on finishing the box than putting it together. I did the anodized aluminum finish (blue) and made up waterslide decals. It turned out to look quite professional and I intend on doing another one soon - either the tremolo or the 808 clone.

Good luck with your build and let us know how it turns out!

I did the rangemaster (too bright and noisey for me) and the phaser.

THe phaser sounds friggin awsome! perfect for trippy floyd stuff. Easy to build and worked right out of the gate.

I just ordered the chorus kit. My buddy has the digital delay and it sounds great. Hopefully I can get it assembled without much of a hitch. I'm pretty good at soldering so I think I'll be fine. I'll let ya'll know how it goes after I'm done.

Just finished the Chorus kit. Took about 3 days to complete but I was taking my time. All the components look high quality and very easy to follow directions. It fired up the first time I plugged it in so I guess I did something right. They are supposed to be true bypass and it doesn't seem like it sucks any tone to me. Also a very quiet pedal when engaged. Has a very nice chorus tone and it is a tad on the darker side which I like myself. I had a Boss CH-1 and I like this pedal much better. 2 knobs - depth and rate so it is very easy to adjust. $75 bucks for the kit so you can't go wrong at that price for a good analog chorus.

Latest posts

Back